Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » Skin peeling!

Discussion

Skin peeling!

So a few days ago i started noticing that the skin on my nose is peeling. It feels as if ive scratched myself and started peeling from there. It kinda burns a little and it has a pinkesh hue. I really dont know if to put something on it or not. What im doing now is washing my face with my cleanser. Oh and i havent started using anything new on my face, like makeup or cleansers. Ive been thinking it may also be due to the sudden change of weather, its been freezing cold lately.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

leftyonkey
insider
2 years, 5 months ago
Re: Skin peeling!

I agree with the previous post, maybe it's your cleanser. Make sure your cleanser does not have salycilic acid, which is drying and an exfoliant. Definately a bit of moisture is needed. My nose use to get like that in Boston winters. I have oily skin and tend to get blackheads/acne, so I had to be careful of what I used. Rose Salve sounds good or maybe Eucerin. My husband swears by Eucerin for his when they are terribly dry/cracked.

volta
elite
2 years, 5 months ago

If you're sure you haven't scratched yourself, I might think that your skin is starting to crack from the harsh weather. yikes! Are you using a moisturizer in the morning? Also, I would use a richer night moisturizer as well because the cold weather realllly dries up your skin quickly. I like to carry a small tin of rose salve in my bag because not only does that work on your lips well, but it can be used on skin all over so if you get any sudden dry patches when you're away from home, you can help protect that from the weather until you can properly hydrate it with moisturizer or lotion. 

Also, be careful with what kind of cleanser you use. Make sure it it doesn't have a lot of chemicals that can further dry and aggravate the skin. I highly recommend the Purity cleanser from Philosophy. If you've never tried it, you can ask for a sample of it at Sephora. Ulta also carries it, and many malls have Philosophy kiosks in time for the holidays. 

andyv1217
allstar
2 years, 5 months ago

Thank You! I think it might be my cleanser. I might try Philosophy because ive heard many good things about it. I hope it works.

Supernaturalfan
insider
2 years, 5 months ago

You might need to exfoliate a little, gently.  Moisturizer would definitely be needed during cold weather, but it won't penetrate well with dead skin cells on top (what I hear all the time anyway).  I have this problem with my nose a lot, esp. during the winter.  And we don't have really harsh winters here, but the air is SO DRY.

If it burns, an OTC anti-inflammatory or anti-itch cream might help.  Use a tiny bit first and see if it helps.  Good luck!

grass
insider
2 years, 4 months ago
Skin peeling

Olive oil as moisturizer actually works and it's a cheaper option too.

Laurenco77
insider
2 years, 4 months ago
My regime for the exact same problem

I have developed the same problem recently. I have flakes that peel and when they peel, it leaves very raw skin, which can take forever to heal. Be really careful with what products you use on this extremely sensitive skin. Avoid using scrubs or any kind or cleansers and moisturizers with lots of chemicals and strong fragrances. You can use Aquaphor or Eucuin healing ointment to form a protective, moisturizing layer over your skin. Another thing that I discovered with REALLY works is this stuff called Zim's Wound Care advanced collagen gel, for minor cuts and abrasians. It forms a protective layer over skin and "supplies crucial nutritives protein (19 amno acids) directly to site", which speeds the healing process dramatically. Another thing that it does, is it makes makeup going on easier, without forcing the makeup to soak in directly into pink spots; it goes on over it. The product does form a little protective, un-noticable scab, which some people may not like, but it protects your skin and once it comes off or you gently peel it off, your scratch is healed and scars don't develop. You can buy this at a natural grocery store or any other grocery store. It's a bit pricy, (around $20 for a tube that lasts years) but very effective when used in conjuction with aquaphor or eucerin as a nice moisterizer. (Trying using the aquaphor or eucerin during the day and spot treat with the collagen gel during the night, but remember that the gel may not come off in the morning (it sticks VERY well!), so just leave it there and treat it with the healing ointment on top). Good luck Andy!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend