Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Treatment for acne scars?

Discussion

Treatment for acne scars?

Through my teens, I had always had generally clear skin (aside from blackheads), then about a year ago, I had an extreme flare up of severe acne. It spread all across my face, was deep and painful. I would assume something in my environment caused it, but still do not know exactly what. Since then, my skin has generally cleared although I do have mild breakouts if I am not persistant about taking care of my skin. My concern now, is getting rid of the scars left over. I tried microdermabrasion - and that did seem to help, however I went through that process when I was still recovering and I do not believe I benefited as much as I could have for that reason. I have recently purchased Olay Regenerist Thermal Mini-Peel as an exfoliant, and I would like to pair it with some sort of scar or discoloration cream to maximize results. Does anyone here have any suggestions for a good product, or other things I may be able to try as well? Thanks so much for the feedback!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

4 Replies

carakitty5
insider
2 years, 5 months ago
Re: Treatment for acne scars?

If your skin is not too sensitive, possibly try a vanishing cream? I'm using Palmer's eventone fade cream, and my skin is slowly evening out. Look for a repuable skin whitener and possibly in combination with alpha hydroxy acid. The Olay regenerist might be good as an exfolient. I think Palmer's has a whole line of products that are specifically to even skin tone. Also: use sunscreen to keep the pigmentation from returning! hope this helps :)

oopylovesyou
insider
2 years, 5 months ago
@carakitty5

It does, thank you! I will definitely look into the Palmer's line, and I'd never heard of using alpha hydroxy acid, either.

brittany_sustaita
2 years, 2 months ago

Regarding the Palmer's Line....

I was watching an episode of Dr. OZ on tv and he was mentioning products for skin. He was showing how people seem drawn to more expensive items due to price and are drilled to believe that they will work due to being more expensive. He was showing items that were cheaper and that worked just as good as the $200 facial creams/peels. Regardings acne scars...he says that Palmers cocoa butter sticks i believe it was, works just as good as the hundred dollard brand facial products. I would definatly try out the Palmers line!!

powerwoman033
elite
2 years, 1 month ago

I also have acne scarring that have left indentions and dark spots.  I have found a product that is actually making headway with these issues.  I use the Dr. Denese Advanced Firming Facial Pads.  It is a set of 60 daily firming pads infused with Actizone Firming Factor, a unique cocktail of ingredients. Each pad delivers exfoliation, radiance, improved skin tone and clarity, and helps reduce the appearance of lines, wrinkles, and pores in one easy step. After just one use, skin is firm, exfoliated, and radiant; visible pores are smaller; and skin tone appears more even.

This pad system is designed to deliver instant exfoliation and firming to the skin--just like Dr. Denese's signature, professional-grade glycolic peel. Each pad is infused with innovative ingredients like peptides, glycolic acid, and alpha lipoic acid to address lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tone, large pores, and lack of radiance to the skin. Innovative Actizone Firming Factor works to deliver the skin that you want under the skin you have. Results are visible and quick.

This treatment will not only lighten any spots or scars, but it also firms the skin as well.  I have had some fantastic results with this and highly recommend it!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend