Home » Community » Message Boards » All About Nails » The Shatter/Crackle Trend

Discussion

The Shatter/Crackle Trend

Every time I get my nails done, I consider trying out a new nail trend. Lately I've been considering trying the crackle, or shatter, polish that you layer on over a solid. Has anyone tried this trend? I feel like it would annoy me and just look chipped and messy... but I've seen pictures where it looks really great. What do you think?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 5 months ago
Crackle trend

I have a gold bronze crackle polish I use over a lighter color polish that is multi color of metallic, but lighter than the crackle.  It is a very nice effect.  Make sure you use a lighter color underneath so you get the crackle effect. Black is also very good.  I use it over a light royal blue polish.

You will really like the effect.  I get lots of compliments.

MrsFrosty226
insider
2 years, 5 months ago
Re: The Shatter/Crackle Trend

I think it depends on the colors you use.  I've seen some girls who rock it but it can look really tacky too. i would say be careful!

erinface
insider
2 years, 5 months ago
Re: The Shatter/Crackle Trend

I find that with the right color combinations, the crackle effect can look really rocker chick chic.  However, the minute you get a chip on the tips of your nails, it's time to change the polish.  I've created some really awesome looks with the crackle polish, including a pink and white zebra print, a leopard print using a bronze base, metallic bronze crackle and a black polish pen, and a myriad of other manicures.  It's all about your personality.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend