Home » Community » Message Boards » Can't find a Product? » John Frieda Color Glaze

Discussion

John Frieda Color Glaze

I love John Frieda products but am wondering about the color glaze for brunettes. I don't like to use hair color in my hair, but I wonder if this would be a good alternative to darken my color and add some dimension without the harsh coloring process.

Thanks!

Drew

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

drew
2 years, 4 months ago
Re: John Frieda Color Glaze

I used to use the shampoo and conditioner for brunettes by John Frieda and it added a nice dimension. I was looking at the ingredients list for the John Frieda Color Glaze for Brunettes and I'm wondering if any of these ingredients may be harmful to scalp or hair health? My scalp is super sensative (why I don't use traditional dying products including temporary hair color) and I'm not at all versed in chemistry.

Thanks for all the help so far!

Ingredient list for John Frieda Color Glaze for Brunettes:

Water, Propylene Carbonate, Alcohol Denatured, Citric Acid, Cyclopentasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Dimethiconol, Sodium Hydroxide, Mica, Iron Oxides, Orange 4, Ext D&C Violet 2 (CI 60730), Yellow 10, Titanium Dioxide, Malic Acid, Pearl Powder, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Propylene Glycol, Methylisothiazolinone, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract (Cocoa)

SShum
insider
2 years, 5 months ago
It's in!

Hi, the product is in the db under "John Frieda Luminous Color Glaze Clear Shine" :)

PPolished
insider
2 years, 5 months ago
Re: John Frieda Color Glaze

Hmm I'm not sure. I just looked at it on the website and it looks really cool. It doesn't say anything about altering your hair colour though so if you want your hair to be darker I'm not sure that would work.

Have you ever considered using a rinse out dye, like the kind that lasts a few months? I often put a red-ish rinse in my brown hair and it seriously lasts forever without damaging my hair.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend