Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Alternative/Replacement for Redken Contour 08 shaping lotion

Discussion

Alternative/Replacement for Redken Contour 08 shaping lotion

Since the Redken Contour 08 shaping lotion was discontinued, I'm having a hard time finding a good, comparable replacement gel/product.  Has anyone else found the perfect replacement for it?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

MaryTB
COMMUNITY MANAGER
2 years, 5 months ago
Redken Replacement

It's always a bummer when a brand you love discontinues a product that you consider a staple!

Here are a few hair shaping products that are highly rated among our members:

Kenra Platinum Shaping Creme 7

Biolage Hydratherapie Ultra-Hydrating Balm

Paul Mitchell Super Sculpt

Aveda Phomollient Styling Foam

Good luck!

jillr
1 year, 3 months ago
Re: Alternative/Replacement for Redken Contour 08 shaping lotion

I'm not sure if your still looking or not, but I'm a fellow Contour lover as well. I'm so sad they discontinued it. I've been using it for 15 years. I tried Redken Guts, Paul Mitchell Extra Body Sculpting Gel and Glaz. No luck so far. Have you come up with anything?

PPolished
insider
2 years, 5 months ago
Frederic Fekkai

Have you tried Frederic Fekkai Coiff Bouffant Lifting and Texturizing spray gel? I use it and am in love with it! I haven't actually tried the Redkin stuff you're talking about so I'm not sure if it's quite the same thing, but from the looks of it this will probably give you the same hold and body as the Redkin one.

If you live in Canada, you can order it here: http://www.ebeauty.ca/Frederic-Fekkai/Gels/Frederic-Fekkai-Coiff-Bouffant-Lifting-Texturizing-Spray-Gel/pages/productdetails?nav=R:951087

It's a Canadian online beauty site with a ton of hard to find makeup. It'll ship to you for free and I just found a coupon code for 15% off so it'll be extra cheap -> "save15"

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend