Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » What makeup mistakes have you caught girls making?

Discussion

What makeup mistakes have you caught girls making?

Hi! 

I'm wondering what makeup mistakes have you seen girls make when they apply it? Have you seen them having wacky eyeshadow too dark or light for their face? Makeup melting in the sun? Lipstick the wrong shade for their skin tone? Tell all here! :)  

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

13 Replies

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 5 months ago
Makeup mistakes

A stripe of blush above the cheek bone.

msbrown822
allstar
2 years, 5 months ago
Makeup Mistakes

The black or dark lip liner with either frosted or no lipstick. I don't know why women still do this. Its just wrong on so many levels. 

jef119
insider
2 years, 5 months ago
3 shades of foundation

I worked at a cosmetic counter and I had a girl tell me that she used 3 different shades of foundation to contour her face, slim the jaw, create cheekbones. It looked awful, and her neck....totally different color than her face. Seriously..........

addkg777
allstar
2 years, 5 months ago
makeup mistakes

dark foundation, thick black eyeliner, lines of blush that wasnt blended, i also think the white highlighter women use under their brow bone is not attractive

MrsFrosty226
insider
2 years, 5 months ago
Re: What makeup mistakes have you caught girls making?

too much bronzer and super thick eyeliner, so tacky!!

btw2335
2 years, 5 months ago
Makeup mistakes

The foundation line/mask!!! eww.. that's the worst!! I second the dark lipliner and frosty shade on lips too. Soooo 90's! Not a fan over plucked brows drawn in with a sharpie either!! lolKiss

trancegoddess
2 years, 5 months ago

foundation that does not match their natural skin color, usually i see way too light. you can totally tell where the foundation was applied because it doesn't match the color of their neck

Supernaturalfan
insider
2 years, 5 months ago

When you say "girls", I don't know if you mean girls just old enough to start wearing makeup, or us "older girls", but in any case, my beef is simply too much. Surprised You see the make-up, not their face.

That contouring stuff someone mentioned is pretty ambitious for the average WOMAN, let alone girl.  I never did it, but I've heard of such a thing as contouring kits.  But they take a lot of practice I hear, and until you get the hang of it, leave it to the pros to do it for you!  "Routine" makeup is enough to master.

ObsessionIsBeautiful
insider
2 years, 4 months ago

Definitely when their face looks like a mask due to the wrong foundation color!

BreakinMe
insider
2 years, 4 months ago

The ones I see the most are too thick black eyeliner and foundation that is too pink or too orange.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend