Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » foundation primer?

Discussion

foundation primer?

I love eyeshadow primer because it makes my makeup last way longer than it normally would.  I just got a sample of NARS foundation primer, and I'm not sold.  Does anyone else use a foundation primer?  Does it really help make a nice complextion?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

5 Replies

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 6 months ago
Foundation primer

I am a makeup artist at ULTA, and I have found that Urban Decay is the best eyeshadow primer and Benefit Porefessional (not a typo) is one of the best foundation primers.  Howver, Stila also makes an excellent primer, as does Smashbox.  Smashbox has several different ones to do different things, like getting rid of red, making skin tone even.  I have also tried an unusual primer - L'Oreal Souffle makeup.  I put that on first, and it really covers wrinkles and gives a good blank canvas for the Too Faced Foundation on top.  It does not feel like I am wearing too much makeup because the Souffle is light and feels like a primer.  I alternate among Souffle, Porefessional and Stila.  (depending on my mood.)  Too Faced just released a wonderful new liquid foundation that makes your face glow.  Hope this all helps.

PPolished
insider
2 years, 6 months ago
Re: foundation primer?

I like Urban Decay shadow primer too and I was sort of recently converted to the wonders of foundation primer too!

Because it made my eye makeup last longer, I started wearing primer under my foundation to make it last longer (plus it goes on WAY smoother). I really like the one by Pur Minerals. I got it from www.ebeauty.ca and got it in green. It helps fight red skin which is awesome because it does double duty as a primer, more bang for your buck! They have it in a dark spot corrector and under eye circle corrector too, so you could really get specific and target your other skin needs while you're at it.

Good luck!

ladyboarder9669
elite
2 years, 6 months ago
I've been using eyeshadow primer for years. I think it works really well.

I just recently started using foundation primer and love the smooth look it seems to give me... 

gypsytejas
insider
2 years, 5 months ago
I Like Primers When I want a Flawless lasting Look

I use Smashbox for my face (though I've tried Mercier, Geller and a few others).  It fills in pores and provides a smooth surface for the foundation.  I love Urban Decay lid primers but have also found that a bit of any concealer tapped on lightly with a finger works just as well.  I've found that the lid primer keeps the shadow on longer and the color looks better too.

So, though some people say don't bother with primer, with my dryer skin, primer works for me.  Also, I would think if you tend to oilier lids, shadow primers would work well also.

graces88
2 years, 4 months ago
Re: foundation primer?

I have only used MOTIVES by Loren Ridinger Perfecting Face Primer. It makes my face feel and look flawless.

I would like to try Urban Decay's shadow primer, though.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend