Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » HELP ME DECIDE! Palette Help :]

Discussion

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 6 months ago
Palette Help

i am a makeup artist, and I highly recommend Urban Decay palettes.  Think of the color palette as an artist palette.  You are not limited to the colors.  You can mix!  You get more bang for the buck.  Urban Decay just came out with their 15th anniversary palette, and a beautiful palette with a drawer, and opens up with butterflies and a mirror.  The colors are marvelous. 

I suggest you put a very light color on your lids from lashes to under brow bone.  This gives you a blank canvas.  (Fefore you do that, apply eye primer.)  Then take a shade of pink and put it on your lid.  Put purple in the crease and blend it a little above the crease with an angled brush. 

Then line your eyes with a Kohl pencil and blend.  Put on lots of mascara.

Then line your lips with a color from the pink or red family and fill in your entire lips with it.  Apply lipstick and gloss.

Too faced also has some wonderful palettes - Romantic Eyes is the most popular.  This is another good line with lots of colors, especially for blondes.  They also come with direction cards to help get different looks.

Also go to Ulta or Sephora for one of the artists to demonstrate and apply.

Carole VonAlltenCool

judy_iris
insider
2 years, 6 months ago
choice #2

from what you describe you are blonde and blue eyes , my six sense felt you will look good on NO: 2.

I am not pro but there are just lot of practice in life , some time just that instact make you know what seem right .

just a suggetion. good lucky.

PPolished
insider
2 years, 6 months ago

I think number two is the best one. Have you heard of the Urban Decay Naked palette?? You should try that one if you're lookig for something awesome. I bought one a few months ago and it's all I've been using since then. I could honestly throw away the rest of my makeup and it would be okay!

ColoredDove
insider
2 years, 6 months ago
I would suggest the second one.

I'm not a makeup artist (I'm too young to be and I'm still in school lol.)  But I probably would be if I could make a decent living off of it right now.

But Personally, I would recommend the first or second.  I have the third palette and it's very nice but it's a bit more difficult to use because of it's glitter and colors.  The formula on them isn't the best from Urban Decay, and I've read a lot of reviews on the second palette saying that the formula on the Anniversary palette is smooth creamy and super blendable.  The colors are also gorgeous.

I like the first one but I haven't had a chance to use it or look at it much so I won't recommend it just based on that.  However it does look nice, and it comes with face colors, a primer, and what looks to be cards for looks, which is super handy.

I would recommend the second one most, however what I would say is to look up reviews of the palettes and swatches, to see what they look like and what professionals think of them.

Look at the colors you already have and decide which one fulfills your makeup collection the most, and which one you're more likely to get your money's worth out of. :)

Sephora has a great returns policy and will gladly take a product back if it hasn't fulfilled itself or something is wrong with it, so don't be afraid to go with your gut, just make sure you do a little research first:)

If I'm too late to help, then sorry! I hope your purchase goes (or went) well!!

oopylovesyou
insider
2 years, 5 months ago
I agree with #2 as well.

I like the colors - you get a choice between natural and vibrant, and for a fair blonde they seem as if they would match well. Also, as the makeup artist said, Urban Decay is definately a nice brand. My best friend has a palete of theirs and she absolutely swears by them. The packaging is very chic as well and makes it appear quite fancy looking. My friend has been using the same palete for about 2 years now I believe, it lasts quite a long time, and considering the variety of color options, I'd say it's decent bang for your buck.

btw2335
2 years, 5 months ago
2 all the way!

UD palettes are amazing! also 2nd the Naked palette! It's fabulous! Good luck!Kiss

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend