Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » Day to Night Makeup

Discussion

Day to Night Makeup

Happy hour? Forget it. On Fridays, I always end up getting stuck at work late and have to rush to make dinner/drink plans with friends. One look in the mirror inevitably leaves me feeling totally blah... frizzy hair & barely there makeup doesn't exactly scream "Friday Night." So, help! What are your tips and tricks for going from day to night in minimal time? How do you refresh your look with the products that fit in your purse?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 6 months ago
Day to Night Makeup

A great eye product for the smokey eye that fits in your purse is Too Faced Smokey Eye pallette.  It also comes with instruction cards for different looks, including night glamour.  Put it right over existing makeup you are wearing, because the colors are dark enough.  Always be sure to put a highlighter (lightest skin tone color) below your brow and the inside of your eye at the tear duct.  This makes your eyes look bigger.  If you can, apply Too Faced eye primer if you're able to remove the old eyeshadow you wore for the day.  Use eye makeup remover pads and a travel size eye makeup remover.  You can get small bottles at the Dollar Tree.  Don't forget mascara and eyeliner.  You can also wet the angled brush you need for the crease and wet the regular brush for the rest, including under your eyes.  Use the angled brush for crease and under eyes.

Face:  Hello Flawless by Benefit.  It goes on naturally and picks up end of day look of skin. Blush: Benefit:  Benetint.  A liquid blush/tint.  Layer it on until you get the color richness you want.  Do it fast before it dries.  (each layer, that is). 

Lipstick:  Get your favorite color and liner. Line lips and fill in entire lip area.  This gives "tooth" for the lipstick to last.  Then, use your favorite lipstick and gloss.  Bright red is great for evening.  Even with the smokey eye.  I look funny with the smokey eye and pale lips.  I am blonde, so I need color.  Not just gloss, which does not last anyway.

A few products and 2 brushes and you're good to go.  Total prep time - 15-20 minutes. Carole VonAlltenCool

PPolished
insider
2 years, 6 months ago
Eyeliner!

My easy way to amp up any look is to add more eyeliner! Then you can smudge it and make it look all smokey. I generally just add more to what I'm already wearing. Make sure you're wearing a lot of mascara already and if you aren't, bring it with you to work.

ladyboarder9669
elite
2 years, 6 months ago
I add bronzer, and a silver sparkly eye liner, and of course a bright lipstick to amp up my look.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend