Home » Community » Message Boards » » Beer, It's Not Just for Drinking

Discussion

Beer, It's Not Just for Drinking

My sister recently told me that she washes her hair in beer once a week because it makes it shiny and soft. Now I'm wondering what other natural at-home solutions I'm missing out on. Does anyone have any go-to beauty remedies that they use with products you can find in the kitchen?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

5 Replies

MrsFrosty226
insider
2 years, 6 months ago
Re: Beer, It's Not Just for Drinking

I used to use a mayonaise mask for my hair when I was younger.  It does make your hair super soft but the problem was my hair smelled like mayonaise the whole next day. i've also heard warm olive oil and smushed avacados

chihiro76
insider
2 years, 6 months ago
Re: Beer, It's Not Just for Drinking

I did the beer, it works really really well, but I should note make sure it gets to room temperature first, I made the mistake of pouring a cold beer on my head in the shower....YIKES

MaryTB
COMMUNITY MANAGER
2 years, 6 months ago
Re: At home tips

Thanks for the tips!! I'm going to skip the mayonnaise if it doesn't smell good but definitely try the oil and avocado. I also found this article about an immune system boost and other things you can do with Eucalyptus and I am totally going to try it!

closed
2 years, 6 months ago
Bubble bath with beer :)

Hey!

Actually, you're right..

Beer it's not just for drinking (people shouldn't even use it for drinking purposes.. beer belly it's not cute at all..), I heard somewhere that a lot of Czec Republic spas use it for bubble baths, since it streghtens your skin.

And you're right about applying beer to the hair, because it helps to get rid of loose dead skin cells.

Also, if you want to condition your hair, you can use: 2 teaspoons of jojoba oil (to moisturize), 3 tablespoons of yogurt (to soften), 1 egg (to stregthen) and honey/cinnamon (if you want to lighten your hair).

Hope it helped! :)

MaryTB
COMMUNITY MANAGER
2 years, 6 months ago
re: Beer and Beauty

Thanks for the great tips! I don't know about the bubble bath but I'll definitely try your hair recommendations!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend