Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Fall Fitness Slump

Discussion

Fall Fitness Slump

Now that it's getting dark out so early, I am always tired in the evenings and more often than not want to skip the gym. Anyone have any tips on how to keep my energy levels up at the end of the work day?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

DevranM
insider
2 years, 6 months ago
Re: Fall Fitness Slump

I think that at the end of the day, regardless of the season, most of us are pretty exhausted from working for 8+ hours. With that said, I definitely think it is a bit worse when fall rolls around and we lose our extra hour of sunlight.

What has helped me the most is pre-packing a gym back the night before and bringing it with me to work. Even when I get tired, remembering that the motivation was there and the bag is packed and ready somewhat helps me get in the mood once I leave the office. I also like drinking a Kombucha right before I leave the office (there's caffeine in it)! 

Hope this helps a bit!

MaryTB
COMMUNITY MANAGER
2 years, 6 months ago
RE: Fall Fitness Slump

Thanks for the tips! A friend also told me to change into your gym clothes before leaving the office... that way you have no excuse not to hit the gym on the way home. Worth a try!

totalb148
2 years, 6 months ago

I just stopped going to the gym recently. I just started my first job out of college and had a big move. I feel like there will never be tim for me to go to the gym. If i started going to the gym again I would be going non stop from 8 am to 9pm.

LadySara
insider
2 years, 6 months ago
From the comfort of your home maybe

I understand your guilt for skipping days of workouts. If going after work does not help, maybe you could try working out from the comfort of your home? Depending on the type of workouts you prefer, whether its cardio (you could do 20 min) and weight training (another 15 to 20 min) or a full body workout for 20 min. This would be on your tired days,  I wouldnt tell you to do an hour since you feel tired after work. Good luck!

PPolished
insider
2 years, 6 months ago

Try taking a fitness class at the gym that you actually look forward to doing and WANT to go to. If you're excited about it, you're more likely to get in your exercise! Gyms these days have tons of different classes that appeal to such a wide range of different interests.

MaryTB
COMMUNITY MANAGER
2 years, 6 months ago
RE: Fall Fitness Slump Tips

Thanks for all the great advice guys!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend