Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Advice on splotchy Skin

Discussion

Advice on splotchy Skin

Hi, 

I am 27 years old.I am indian-asian.  I don't have a lot of acne. Just sometimes when I don't eat right or sleep a lot, I get one. But it goes away when I use a regular acne cream. My problem is it leaves a mark. 

Also , my skin is splotchy and it is slighly discolored. It is darker in certain areas  I tried clinique dark spot reducer , it didn't work. Also, my skin does look like it suffers from sun damage ,sun screen gives me acne.. I have tried many. 

I use a facial cleanser ( Biore or loreal 360 ), I have been using clinique and a sun screen. But mu skin looks dulls and is still discolored in certain areas. 

I went for a facial recently and the lady told me I have to start using anti aging products to firm my skin. I really think she wanted to sell her product  glymed plus.

When I asked  her if my skin is loose she didn't reply. She said it needs firming and to use her products. Do I need to start using anti -aging products ? 

Can someone please advice me on a good skin care regimen and which products to use( for splotchy skin ) . I don't like using a lot of products.

A good moisturizer and a good skin care regiment is what I really need help with ...

Thank you so much !   

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

MaryTB
COMMUNITY MANAGER
2 years, 6 months ago
Splotchy skin is so frustrating...

But you're not alone - lots of women face this problem!

First, check out this article about the secrets your esthetician isn't telling you. You're totally right - sometimes a sales pitch is just a sales pitch, and may not actually help improve your skin.

Second, have you tried meeting with a dermatologist? If your skin is a serious concern, a medical professional may be able to offer some good (and unbiased!) advice. But if you're looking to manage your skin at home there are several products on the market that can help. My personal favorite is CosMedix Define Vitamin A Resurfacing Treatment. It's a little pricey, but it works wonders on my uneven skin tone.

Does anyone else have advice for us splotchy girls? Post it here!

SS123
2 years, 6 months ago
Re: Advice on splotchy Skin

Thank you so much.. I just started using Ole henriksen.. i do think it is making a difference .... 

PPolished
insider
2 years, 6 months ago
Re: Advice on splotchy Skin

I second seeing a derm. I've actually been using the Mereadesso face and neck toning gel and I can truly say it's the bext cream I've used. It's a day creme, night creme and eye creme all in one. The catch-tag is how the more you use it, the less you need it, which is so true. I've noticed a huge difference in my skin in just a week. The only downside is the hefty pricetag. Try to get a sample of it before you shell out because you don't want to pay a ton if you don't love it.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend