Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » The basics of putting on make up

Discussion

The basics of putting on make up

What are the products you need before you start your look?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

4 Replies

TracyTB
allstar
2 years, 7 months ago
Re: The basics of putting on make up

I always start with a light moisturizer, pre-make cream - then foundation or powder. Afterwards, I'll apply my bronzer/blush. I find that applying a pre-makeup cream really makes a difference on my skin. My skin looks much smoother with it. Here's a list of the 12 best primers - you should definitely try it!

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 7 months ago
Basics of putting on makeup.

I wash my face using the Olay brush with a foaming cleanser by L'Occitane. I use an Aveda toner. I next apply 30 spf sunscreen.  Then I apply Kiehl's under eye tightening serum followed with eye cream.  Then I put on Hydroxatone AM/P/M cream followed by Kiehl's Skin tightening cream.  I use Laura Geller baked foudation and blush.  I use Urban Decay eye primer  followed by an Urban Decay purple shadows for my green eyes.  I wear powder for eyebrows.  Finish up with MAC red lipliner and red lipstick.  Or the Laura Geller lipstick in a compact with 4 colors.  It comes with a retractable lipstick brush.  To refresh I spray Evian water in a bottle made for that purpose. 

wisecoyote
2 years, 7 months ago

Hi!

This video is awesome, might be a good start...it talks about identifying your skin color, and other stuff...let me know what products you end up going with...!

I found some good product reviews here too: http://www.totalbeauty.com/reviews

PPolished
insider
2 years, 7 months ago

After I wash my face with a cleanser I always put moisturizer on. It helps my liquid foundation go on a lot smoother and my face is soft. I use Aveeno Baby so it doesn't irritate my skin. Then I finish the look with loose powder brushed over my face.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend