Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » question about hair

Discussion

question about hair

How can i make my hair long & strong,naturally(home remedies)?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

7 Replies

volta
elite
2 years, 6 months ago
Re: question about hair

As for basic tips, I would suggest to avoid harsh things to your hair such as using heated styling tools or hair dyes. Also, make sure you moisturize your hair well, so I would look into a making an olive oil hair mask (I'm sure you could find several recipes over the internet). 

LittleBunny
elite
2 years, 6 months ago

Avoid chemicals! No perms or coloring, especially no bleaching. It really makes a big difference in the strength of your hair.

TracyTB
allstar
2 years, 6 months ago

It's also really good to get a trim every month. This way you can prevent split ends and your hair will be be healthy and strong.

LadyLC26
insider
2 years, 6 months ago

try to avoid using chemical on your hair such as bleaching, hair coloring, etc. trim your hair every 2-3 months. creambath using natural ingridients, such as: aloe vera (put mucus of the aloe vera into your scalp, cover your head with warm towel, wait about 15-20 minutes, than wash your hair. aloe vera make your hair roots strong). do regular hair spa, once every week.

sumake
2 years, 6 months ago
Re: Question About Hair

I just started using Argan Oil this past year and it has made a huge difference.  My hair is coarse, wavy and dry from straightening.  When I use Argan oil before styling my hair looks and feels incredibly soft and healthy.  I just purchased jojoba and emu oil for hair and have only used once as an overnight treatment.  Again these oils made my hair feel very soft, healthy and shiny.  I've done a lot of research about hair oils and over and over again I've read that Emu, Jojoba and Argan oils are the top 3 recommended oils for hair.  They're also good for your scalp.  Emu and Jojoba oils are known to be natural anti-inflammatories and also have anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties.  They're both noncomedogenic and good for remong excess sebum from the sebaceous glands. Though sebum helps in lubricating the skin, when secreted in excessive amounts, it may accumulate on the scalp and clog the hair follicles. This could prevent hair from growing and could even make them brittle. Since these oils can penetrate deep down into the hair shaft, they can remove buildup of sebum and allow hair to grow faster.  I recommend that you look into these oils because there is so much information about them and about other uses for them that I haven't written about here.  Everything I read recommends using the oil in its purest form for best results.  I was able to purchase them online for very little (if you find them at a really high price, keep looking, you'll find the same thing for much less.)  You don't need to use very much at all so it's a really inexpensive and effective way to help your hair be "long and strong".  Good Luck!

MaryTB
COMMUNITY MANAGER
2 years, 6 months ago
Re: Question About Hair

Great tip! Jojoba oil is great for dry skin, too... just one or two drops works wonders. I'm going to try it on my hair now!

dtrivi215
insider
2 years, 6 months ago
I have a great tip...

Please check out my blog and YouTube channel.  I just wrote about this and I have great suggestions.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dtrivi215?feature=mhee

www.danasdermadiary.com

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend