Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » What Shadows have the Best Staying Power? Drugstore-wise

Discussion

What Shadows have the Best Staying Power? Drugstore-wise

Obviously the higher end brands usually have the best staying power and I've used ones like Coastal Scents before, but that has way too much fall out. Then of course you have ones like avon and mark and things like that, but what about Revlon or Maybelline which ones do you have the best luck with?

Thanks ahead of time. 

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

10 Replies

PPolished
insider
2 years, 7 months ago
Re: What Shadows have the Best Staying Power? Drugstore-wise

Have you ever tried Revlon's Creme Shadows? I generally buy my powder shadows from Mac or Urban Decay but I'm obsessed with Revlon's creme shadows. I can't remember what the palette I have is called but it has a lot of shimmery pinks with some gold tones in them. It lasts all day and it doesn't even crease. Plus it gives me a natural, glowy finish that take about 2 seconds to swipe on.

I also have a powder shadow from Joe Fresh (it's a Canadian line sold in grocery stores - sounds awful but is AMAZING) that is really good. Goes on smoothly and lasts all day. Pretty sure it cost me $3 not on sale, haha.

Hope that helps :)

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
2 years, 7 months ago
The key is a good primer, but quality shadow does matter too.

I love Urban Decay Primer Potion and Too Faced Shadow Insurance, but there are other good primers out there at the drugstore too.

Wet n Wild has come out with some really great shadows lately, as has NYX. Ulta brand is also good.

scarlett51
2 years, 6 months ago
What shadows have the best staying power? Drugstore wise

I rarely buy drug store eyeshadow. However, if I do I generally have good luck with Revlon or Loreal. Never, ever, ever willl I buy Maybelline. My experience is that is lasts for about 30 minutes and then its gone.

Supernaturalfan
insider
2 years, 6 months ago

I've always been happy with Revlon or Loreal.  I'm not home at the moment so I can't check the exact name, but Revlon makes these quad eye shadows that are called something like 8 hour color.  It reallly DOES last all day!!  I also like Cover Girl's quad shadows.

I haven't used Maybelline's eye shadow, except for the Expert Wear Singles.  Those don't last long at all!

juliaghostx3
2 years, 6 months ago

Wet N Wild Color Icon eyeshadows come out REALLY nice! Also, L'Oreal H.I.P Duos, I like those products. Almay and Maybelline too, have really good eyeshadows. High End doesn't mean anything.

MileHighMakeup
insider
2 years, 6 months ago

1. Maybelline is always my favorite for ANY drugstore makeup!

2. A good primer can make almost any eyeshadow stay and stay bright! Urban Decay has a really really good primer! 

3. Even though it's not drugstore, its close to the same pricing and can be found in an array of stores (including costume shops)>>>>Ben Nye Grande Lumiere Eyeshadow>>>>>> I love this eyeshadow!!!!!  It's only about $9.00, as good pigment as M.A.C., easy to blend, and alot for your money!!!

If you or any body else has (or plans to) try it, let me know your thoughts!!!!\

>>>Mile High Makeup, <3

Supernaturalfan
insider
2 years, 6 months ago

Now I know the exact name of the Revlon shadow I mentioned in an earlier post.  It's Color Stay 12 hour shadow.  They come in quads, with coordinated colors.

Mandy.Hjellming
2 years, 6 months ago

My eyeshadow lasts the whole day when I use a base.  I use the mark Please Hold Eye Primer.  It's only $8 and is totally worth the investment.

mubym
insider
2 years, 5 months ago

I love Wet N Wild eyeshadows. They are very good to work with and last a long time. They last even longer with a good base.

browneyedMNgirl
2 years, 6 months ago
Best drugstore brand for staying power

I agree with the earlier post about using a great primer.  Urban Decay's primer potion is well worth the money you pay - and sometimes it is included as a deluxe sample if you buy from their website.

I have had luck with Maybelline's quads.  The Revlon cream shadow was gone by the time I got to work, so I would avoid that. 

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend