Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » Bad Acne

Discussion

Bad Acne

In my late 20's I've just started to get these strange 'pimples' which come as a big red bump. They have no head and they tend to stay around for a few weeks. When they do eventually go away I am always left with a red scar. I tend to get one every few months usually on my temples of jaw lines. I have no idea how to fight these things or how to reduce the scarring, before these things started visiting my face I had pretty clear skin, now I have these red marks and its frustrating!

Does anyone else suffer a similar problem or no of a good product I can use to fight them? I have tried so many products and I've yet to have any luck! Thanks!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

13 Replies

kittylynn05
2 years, 5 months ago
Bad Acne

Normally in your 20s when you get cystic acne it is because of hormones and hormonal change like taking or getting off of birthcontrol. I would go to a derm and try something like ziana at bedtime and eucerin calming cream after the ziana.

BeautyExpert23
insider
2 years, 5 months ago
I also say go to a derm!

I struggled with the same thing.  For acne with no heads, going to a dermatologist is the only option.  You can try salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide, but for most it will be ineffective.  The one thing that I can tell you is to remember to moisturize even if you feel like you need dry out your acne.

I hope this helps!

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
1 year, 10 months ago
Re: I get those too!
MrsFrosty226 posted:

I'm also in my early 20s and I get those.  I've found that it's largely hormonal (they pop up that time of the month every time).  I wash with an acne was every night and use St Ives scrub every morning.  It seems to keep them at bay or at the very least shorten their duration.  I also never had a problem with my skin when I was younger, apparently I'm not too old to start.

If it's that infrequent, it might be hormonal. It sounds like cystic acne. Seeing a dermatologist might help.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend