Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » Bad Acne

Discussion

Bad Acne

In my late 20's I've just started to get these strange 'pimples' which come as a big red bump. They have no head and they tend to stay around for a few weeks. When they do eventually go away I am always left with a red scar. I tend to get one every few months usually on my temples of jaw lines. I have no idea how to fight these things or how to reduce the scarring, before these things started visiting my face I had pretty clear skin, now I have these red marks and its frustrating!

Does anyone else suffer a similar problem or no of a good product I can use to fight them? I have tried so many products and I've yet to have any luck! Thanks!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

13 Replies

MrsFrosty226
insider
2 years, 6 months ago
I get those too!

I'm also in my early 20s and I get those.  I've found that it's largely hormonal (they pop up that time of the month every time).  I wash with an acne was every night and use St Ives scrub every morning.  It seems to keep them at bay or at the very least shorten their duration.  I also never had a problem with my skin when I was younger, apparently I'm not too old to start.

PPolished
insider
2 years, 6 months ago
Re: Bad Acne

I would probably go talk to a dermatologist if this is a new thing. Especially since you're in your 20s, which isn't really the time when you typically have a lot of breakouts.

I think in the meantime I would try a topical acne fighting gel that uses Salicylic Acid in it. I use Clean and Clear but can't say I've tried any other brands so I don't have much in the way of recommendations for you.

Good luck!

missie_mousie
2 years, 6 months ago

Thanks for the advice!

I do feel that I am at that point where I have no other choice but to see a dermatologist. It is a new thing, I never really suffered as a teenager so I find it strange it's happening now. 

PPolished
insider
2 years, 6 months ago

No worries! At least you'll have an answer before you go out and spend a ton of money on products that might not even help!

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
2 years, 6 months ago
I agree about seeing the derm.

It'll save you time and money. I spent way too many years as a teen trying different products and wish I'd seen a derm sooner. Especially if this is a new thing, it's better just to get it checked out.

dtrivi215
insider
2 years, 6 months ago
I just wrote a blog post about this...

Please visit my blog for tips on managing acne.  I have suffered with Nodular Cystic acne for 10 years now.  Its excruciating.  Feel free to contact me as well if you would like me to do anything specific on my YouTube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/dtrivi215?feature=mhee

http://danasdermadiary.blogspot.com/

ladyboarder9669
elite
2 years, 6 months ago
Good idea about seeing a derm-i should do that myself...

JadaMiranda
insider
2 years, 6 months ago

I know where you're coming from.  Never had any problem with acne until now that I am 30.  On myjawline area as well.  It took me seven months to get back that clear skin again.  Well almost, cause I still have few breakouts every now and then but not as worse as before.  I have tried several acne control products.  But these products helped me with my battle with jawline acne:  organic tomato soap from Cyeleina, Biore triple action astringent (salicylic acid), and Omorovicza Balancing Moisturizer.

Aside from these skin care products, I always drink carrot juice.  That is once a day.  And more on vegetable and fruit diet.  Regular exercise also did a good job.

MaryTB
COMMUNITY MANAGER
2 years, 6 months ago

Sudden bursts of bad skin are the worst - I feel your frustration! My favorite product is the Dermalogica Clean Start Scrub, it's not harsh at all but super effective. I also just read this article about everyday habits that can cause breakouts, and it was really helpful. Good luck!

mariasemuel
insider
2 years, 5 months ago
Home Remedies:

Citruses like oranges, lemons, and limes are loaded with Ascorbic acid the natural bleaching agent. Of citrus fruits, however, lemon is considered as just about the most effective home remedies for facial liver spots, designed for freckles and dark spots.

Apply some fresh lemon juice close to the spot, either with all your hands or employing a daub of cotton. The citric acid in the juice is correct to bleach the spot and clarify the actual skin.

The best solution for bad acne will be to mix sour milk or cream and honey and apply this paste about the face each day.

Honey can be a natural moisturizing agent whilst the lactic acid in sour milk lightens the complexion of your skin without irritating it.

eyeliss

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend