Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » best makeup for oily skin?

Discussion

best makeup for oily skin?

I have out of control oily skin, and can NOT seem to find the right face makeup.  I have gone through countless primer's (which all failed) and now i am on a hunt to find a foundation/powder that works best.  I would really like some advice from people who have the same issue! Please list any makeup products you use that have worked for your oily skin and some background stories! thanks!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

5 Replies

TracyTB
allstar
2 years, 7 months ago
Re: best makeup for oily skin?

HI, I came across this extensive blog on Best Products for Oily Skin - Long Lasting Foundation, Primer, Powder & Eye Makeup . I think you would really find it helpful - check it out!

Here's another article on 12 Best Products for Oily Skin.

chunk1028
2 years, 7 months ago
Re: best makeup for oily skin?

thank you :) ill read up on it right now !

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 7 months ago
Best makeup for oily skin

One of the best I have found is Bare Minerals.  It is made from all natural minerals (no additives) and does not add oil to your face.  Be sure to get the "Original."  It is a powder you apply with a brush, and it is a great foundation with good coverage. 

Also Pur Minerals is good.  It, too, is made from natural minerals (no additives) and is a baked fomula; so it is not a powder.  It is comparable to Bare Minerals, just not a loose powder.

Carole Von Allten

l0veamy
2 years, 7 months ago
Holy grail foundation

I recently bought the new smashbox 15 hour studio skin foundation and it really controls my oil throughout the day! It dries to a matte finish and rather quickly. I have really big pores in my t-zone too. I only have to blot about once a day. Before I bought the smashbox foundation, I was using ysl teint resist which is still one of my favorites but it does make me oily faster and have to blot 3/4 times a day. If you do decide to buy the smashbox foundation, it is better for people with yellow undertone because the foundation is quite yellow. I apply it with my beauty blender.

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
2 years, 7 months ago
I was in the SAME situation.

Have had terribly oily skin for years, and awful acne. Heard that primer was the solution--couldn't find one that worked (tried at least half a dozen). Tried several toners and other stuff, none worked. MAC ProLongwear foundation and Blot powder have really helped my skin look less oily throughout the day! I highly recommend.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend