Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » question about nails

Discussion

question about nails

my nails are very weak, how can i make it strong and beautiful?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

TracyTB
allstar
2 years, 7 months ago
Re: question about nails

Many people have weak nails and have similar questions on 'how to make your nails stronger?' Check out this advice column Q: Why Are My Nails So Weak?

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 7 months ago
Question about weak nails

If you take a calcium supplement with Vitamin D, you will see a difference.   Also eat jello.  The calcium, and vitamin D are also good for your hair. 

However, I like very strong nails and I use the new gel nails which are healthy for your nails, unlike acrylic nails.  My nails stay perfect for a month when I need a "fill". 

Good luck

Carole Von Allten

MrsFrosty226
insider
2 years, 7 months ago

Prenatal vitamins are great, they'll help your hair too

PPolished
insider
2 years, 6 months ago

Ok I have two suggestions:

1. Take a multivitamin. A lot of companies offer specific formulas called Hair, Skin, and Nail, so maybe head to the drugstore and see what brand you prefer.

2. For a faster fix, use a nail strengthener. There are lots of different kinds but the best one I've tried so far is by Nail Tek. You can get different strength versions of it so I guess it depends on HOW weak your nails are. I bought mine off eBeauty.ca because I couldn't find it in any Canadian stores: http://bit.ly/piRV02

JeanC7
insider
2 years, 6 months ago

NeoCell Super collagen is very inexpensive and works fast on nails. As a bonus,  it also makes hair and skin more beautiful and strengthens bones and joints.  I first heard about it on Oprah and have been using it ever since.

ColoredDove
insider
2 years, 5 months ago

Personally I don't have this problem but I have noticed that since I've been using nail products on a regular basis (For about two years now I'd say) I have seen a difference in the health of my nails.  My nails get dents and they split near the top much more than they ever have, and I have naturally very strong and thick nails.  Lots of women who run nail blogs have this problem as they tend to redo their nails around every three days or so, and it definitely takes a toll.

if you paint your nails on a regular basis, I would suggest allowing more time in between your changes of manicure/pedicures, or atleast avoid using nail polish remover or other harmful nail products.

A way to do this is to update a manicure without changing it by adding a sparkle topcoat, a crackle/shatter polish, or even another color on top to change it without using harmful chemicals or acetone.

I would also suggest looking up some of the more prominent nail beauty blogs and searching their posts for their nail care routines, as many of them write about this info as well.  If they haven't, feel free to ask them to share it with you or write about it, as I know they are glad to receive new readers and they will be happy to help you.

Nail treatments such as OPI's Nail Envy are also popular, people sometimes use them in place of a basecoat, or even take a break from painting their nails to follow the treatment's routine, which could help you quite a bit.

I hope this helps!!

If you'd like any links to blogs with nail care information, or any other information in general, you can contact me on here or at my blog, coloreddove.blogspot.com

Good luck!!:)

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend