Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » NAIL/MANICURE QUESTION??

Discussion

NAIL/MANICURE QUESTION??

Hey Everyone!!

So this question has been annoying me for a while now bc it seems like every site and person has a different answer. 

When your giving yourself a manicure at home and you soak your nails in warm water for a few minutes, is it better to do that BEFORE filing your nails or AFTER?

I've heard a lot that your supposed to soak them first but then I've also heard from a lot of other sources that its better to soak them after you file your nails.

So I was just wondering if anyone had an answer or any insight

Thanks ladies Laughing

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

2 Replies

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 7 months ago
Nail/Manicure Question

It is best to file your nails first.  The purpose of soaking is to soften the cuticle.  If you soften the nail. you will have difficulty filing your nails because they are too soft.

Carole VonAllten

ColoredDove
insider
2 years, 6 months ago
Re: NAIL/MANICURE QUESTION??

Adding to what Carole said, I think this is also harmful because if your nails have been softened from soaking, it might be more dangerous to file them as they could be more likely to break or split, because they are weak and soft.

I hope this helps:)

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend