Home » Community » Message Boards » » Totalbeauty problems!

Discussion

Totalbeauty problems!

Lately on totalbeauty I have been noticing some strange technical difficulties. It loads REALLY slow, sometimes the page I click on won't come up, and sometimes it makes my computer freeze up. I now it is not my computer, because it only happens on totalbeauty.

Am I alone in these problems?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

14 Replies

Kokome
insider
2 years, 8 months ago
Re: Totalbeauty problems!

Well I haven't been having those specific problems, but nothing works for me when I try to do advanced search and it's been like that since I first joined the site. =(

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 8 months ago
Total Beauty Problems

I, too, have been experiencing problems.  I can't sign in all the time.  Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.  I sent an e-mail to them asking about these problems.

aly7
elite
2 years, 8 months ago

Thanks guys! Glad I'm not alone- I was starting to think that it was my computer or something! Im really starting to get mad. I mean, this website should work! So many people use the site....it has to be perfect for everyone!                                                                                                                      The main problem is when I click to go to something specific, the page just doesn't load. I have to hit the back arrow, then try again, hit the back arrow AGAIN, and then try again. SOMETIMES it will work, others I just can't visit the page. Really annoying.

TracyTB
allstar
2 years, 8 months ago

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for letting us know and I'm so sorry the site is being problematic for you. I am forwarding this message board thread to our tech team and am going to personally make sure they read your comments and help solve the problem.

Thanks for being such loyal fans of the site!

evet
allstar
2 years, 8 months ago
My problem is fine

When I first came back to total beauty, I could not be sure if I could leave comments.  It would load, and then not show.  But, this past month, this problem no longer exists, so I have been able to participate.  I usually come in through Firefox.  Good luck for a quick resolution, because I found it annoying.

aly7
elite
2 years, 8 months ago

thanks tracy!

LittleBunny
elite
2 years, 8 months ago
Problem

I think a big problem is that nothing at all is being done to moderate posting of "fluff" content. The rules make it sound like they're strict on that, but I have seen several new elite members who have posted nothing but one or two-word reviews. It's really disheartening...this is supposed to be a community about sharing and beauty...not just racking up points. I wish the editors/moderators would do their jobs.

aly7
elite
2 years, 8 months ago

littlebunny- I totally see what you mean! I try to at least describe the pros and cons in the reivews!

Supernaturalfan
insider
2 years, 8 months ago

You are not alone, Aly!  It's not just you.  And I agree with LittleBunny about bogus reviews, just to earn points.  I'm not so sure if I'm even crazy about the points thing, as it's like a popularity contest in some ways (you do earn points with each "friend" you have), but that's an entirely different discussion altogether!Wink

I still have trouble with the Advanced Search feature.  It doesn't want to save the brand I select, but it goes back to some brand that starts with a W or Y I think.  Something I never even heard of.  This feature is definitely from the "old" site; they didn't update or revamp that feature yet!

Pages are sometimes slow to load for me too, no matter what machine I use.  It is the site, since it only happens to me on here, LOL!  It can take up to 30 seconds to load a page.  Sometimes it looks as if I'm signed in when I see my member  name & image at the top, but I know I didn't actually sign in!

It seems to run better when I'm not signed in though.  Sometimes I get a mostly blank screen when a page loads (except for the ads of course!), then I have to "refresh" it.Frown

aly7
elite
2 years, 8 months ago

Hmm, the search bar works okay for me:) But, I did notice another problem.

You know how you can tell the totalbeauty team what itmes to upload onto the review section? Well, I reccomended several products, and the lady said they have all been added. But, when I went to go make a reiview on them-none are on the site.

Am I alone?

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend