Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » how often should I use new facial location products?

Discussion

how often should I use new facial location products?

I wonder if I have under-use facial products. When I perchased facial cream from SKII, the staff told me that I will use it up within 6 months, but after one year, I still have not used them up. I apply it everyday but wonder if I have not applied enough on my face.

How often do you use up your facial products?

I have quite a big face..:)

Thanks!!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

aly7
elite
2 years, 8 months ago
Re: how often should I use new facial location products?

I normally finish things in a few months. No more than 6 or 7, at the most:)

Sharon_Yi
insider
2 years, 7 months ago
Short answer would be every day

With skin care they often come in sets with a different product for time of application. In general your skin care routine might look like: 

AM:

Cleanser
Toner
Day lotion with SPF

PM:

Cleanser/makeup remover
Toner
Night cream with antioxidants
Any anti-aging specific products like eye cream or serums

Hope this helps! 

Supernaturalfan
insider
2 years, 7 months ago
Re: how often should I use new facial location products?

I have a hard time using up ANYTHING by its expiration date, be it cosmetics or food, LOL.  I have a small face, so maybe this is the reason when it comes to skin care products.  Even if I try to use something everyday to use it up in time, I end up having to throw it out due to its expired shelf life.

One thing I've never used up completely is eye shadow or lipstick.

I wouldn't slather or pile something on my face just to use it up though, LOL.

Sometimes I get tired of something & want to get something new, but I haven't used up my old stuff yet.  So, I try not to have too many of any one kind of product, but I get enticed into getting stuff anyway.....Laughing

MrsFrosty226
insider
2 years, 6 months ago
don't worry about it!

Whatever works for your skin is what you should do.  If you don't need a lot of product to keep your skin healthy that's fine.  I would say try buying a smaller size in products so you don't have to worry about expiration date

MaryTB
COMMUNITY MANAGER
2 years, 6 months ago
re: face products

I agree, whatever works for you! I tend to buy way too many products so I never use them all up, but every now and then I find a product that I LOVE and breeze through it in a couple weeks or months. If you really like a product, you'll probably use it all before it gets old/expires/dries out... and if you find that you always have a lot left over you should try buying a smaller portion.

I found this article about common makeup mistakes that was helpful for me, you may want to check it out!

BeautyExpert23
insider
2 years, 5 months ago
RE: how often should I use new facial location products?

Definitely only use as much as you feel that you need.  I have had the same thing happen to me with a moisturizer from Clinique, and when I tried to use more, it was too heavy and I did not like it as much.

Hope this helps!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend