Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » Best Lip Primer?

Discussion

Best Lip Primer?

I recently bought a tube of ridiculously shiny metallic bronze lipstick, and I absolutely adore it, but I'm looking for a primer to even out my lips so EVERY SINGLE LINE isn't showing. I've never used lip primer, and I'm sure MAC has one, but are there any other brands out there? And how well do they work?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

2 Replies

saifai
insider
2 years, 8 months ago
Re: Best Lip Primer?

My lips don't work with primers very well, so I'll usually apply a good moisturizing lip balm about 10 minutes before I need to apply lipstick (Softlips is my fav). Once I'm ready, I'll just use my regular foundation (something thick like Revlon Colorstay), and apply lipstick on top of that. To distract from any dryness or lines, I'll usually add a bit of gloss to the center, or dab a bit of balm on with my finger.

volta
elite
2 years, 8 months ago
Re: Best Lip Primer?

Lines are inevitable for the most part. You can try to exfoliate a couple times a week to soften it up, but lines are never going to disappear for most people. Don't wear more than one coat of lip primer, and when you do, don't try to put on a thick layer or else it'll turn goopy. 

My favorite lip primer is Too Faced Lip Insurance Lip Primer. :)

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend