Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » We need your thoughts on facial hair removal for an upcoming story.

Discussion

We need your thoughts on facial hair removal for an upcoming story.

Hi TotalBeauty community! The editors need your help for an upcoming story. When it comes to removing facial hair, what is that one burning question or concern you have that you're too embarrassed to talk about? For those of you who've never tried facial hair removal products, what has kept you from giving them a go?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

14 Replies

JeanC7
insider
2 years, 8 months ago
Re: We need your thoughts on facial hair removal for an upcoming story.

I am also blonde with very light facial hair, but find makeup applies more smoothly when I shave a couple of times a week.  I have tried products like Nair, which burned.  I think shaving is not just for men...its the least expensive and most effect option for me, too.

PorcelainHeart
insider
2 years, 8 months ago
I wax.

I wax my upper lip, eyebrows, belly button, and bikini line. I been doing this since I was 13 (18 now). I wish I had the money to get laser hair removal, but my skin is sensitve I'm afraid I would get scars. 

lauryn_britton
2 years, 7 months ago
myESPIL Hair Removal System

I used this for about 3 months now and the results are like 80% of the hairs are shedding without any need on my part..

missie_mousie
2 years, 7 months ago
Re: We need your thoughts on facial hair removal for an upcoming story.

I can't speak for myself, but my sister had a lot of hair on her top lip. She was always extremely self conscious about it. The reason why she never used any products on it was because she was always afraid that removing the hair through shaving, hair removal creams, waxing and plucking, would cause the hair to grow back thinker and more noticeable than it was. I guess one wuestion would be is this true? If she did use any of these products could it have made it worse for her?

She has now used IPL on her top lip and LOVES it. Everytime I see her she gets me to look for hair and is always skipping about when I say I can't find any. 

I do have an issue with my eyebrows years of plucking them has meant that there are parts of my eyebrows which aren't growing back. I have very thin eyebrows and would like to thinken them up however I need some of the hairs to start growing again. Is it possible these hairs will ever grow back or will I be stuck with almost non-existant eyebrowns forever! 

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend