Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » How Do You Achieve a Quick Blowout?

Discussion

How Do You Achieve a Quick Blowout?

The topic of fervent discussion in our office these days is about blowouts. So what do you do to get a quick blowout? Please share!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

5 Replies

DevranM
insider
2 years, 8 months ago
Re: How Do You Achieve a Quick Blowout?

Since I have extremely thick hair it's a little difficult for me to get a "quick" blowout. If I'm pressed for time, I will typically grab the hair dryer and start drying my hair while using my hand as a brush (yes this does create a bit of frizz). After doing that for about 5 minutes, I will then separate my hair into sections and style with a big round brush. 

On the other hand if I want a quick blowout but have a little more time to spare, I will let my hair air dry out of the shower for about 20 minutes. I prefer doing this because I won't have to put as much heat on my hair while I'm drying and hopefully minimize damage and split ends. I will then separate my hair and dry each section with the round brush. 

I also use an ionic hair dryer which speeds up the process! 

Hope this helps :)

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
2 years, 8 months ago
I let my hair air dry until just damp, and then blow dry my hair straight.

TracyTB
allstar
2 years, 8 months ago

I try to let my hair dry about half way. Typically I do my makeup and get dressed during that time. Then I apply heat styling cream all over my hair.  I grab my blow dryer and begin to dry my hair and brush my fingers through it for a few minutes. Then I use my round boar's hair brush to finish everything off in a way that looks put together, but not super stick straight. Once I'm happy with the results I add a tiny amount of the heat styling cream over my dry hair to keep the frizzies at bay. It takes me about 20-25 minutes to do this. Not quick, but i have medium/long thick hair so that is pretty good for me.

Fortunately though it's summer time so my natural beachy waves are in (and I don't have to blow out my hair as much).

meggy_haaker
2 years, 8 months ago
Quick blow dry

I  comb my hair wet and blow dry it turning my head upside down and blow dry it.

PPolished
insider
2 years, 8 months ago

The key is to use the concentrator attachment for the blow dryer. It's a world of a difference when you do that. I let my hair dry until it's damp-ish but NOT starting to go into waves yet (very fine line, haha) and then just use a normal brush with the concentrator. It looks almost as good as using the straightener but I'll often go wuickly over the top with the straightner to give it a more polished look.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend