Home » Community » Message Boards » » Have You Ever Had a Beauty Emergency?

Discussion

Have You Ever Had a Beauty Emergency?

I just read this article about ways to fix beauty emergencies when you're out and I thought it would be fun to see what types of beauty emergencies the community has experienced in their own lives.

I'll start off first. I was on a second date with a guy that I REALLY liked. We were out to dinner and there was some sort of seed on the bread at the restaurant.  Before our main course arrived, I excused myself to the restroom. When I smiled I noticed that I had a seed stuck right in the middle of my front teeth. I tried everything to get it out, but nothing would work. I finally remembered that one of our beauty editors Sarah had shared with me that you could actually use your hair as a piece of floss.  I know it's kind of gross to floss with your teeth, but it actually worked like a charm and the seed got unstuck. I'm not sure if my date noticed it before and we're no longer together so I can't ask ... I'm hoping he didn't.

Anyone else have a story to share?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

7 Replies

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 9 months ago
Beauty Emergency

Love it!

msbrown822
allstar
2 years, 9 months ago
Re:

I wouldn't call it an emergency, but my skin gets super oily in a matter of hours after applying makeup (like about 2 hours and if its hot, cut that down some more.) So I constantly have to blot and powder or else I'd look like my face is melting. I don't always have those handy so I have to grab a sheet of tissue to help get rid of some of it. More of a nuisance than an emergency I guess.

Candacecypert
insider
2 years, 8 months ago
Re:

My make up always use to melt and I always had to try and fix my face until I found a spray that you can put on over your make up that keeps it from moving! It's Urban Decay Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray. It is the best thing ever! Two or three light sprays over your face and neck and your make up will never move again! You will love it I promise! ( It has a great price to!)

ladyboarder9669
elite
2 years, 8 months ago
Lol. I'm notorious for getting stuff stuck in my teeth! lol

MrsFrosty226
insider
2 years, 6 months ago
my husband "helped" me dye my hair

I used to have short, platinum blonde hair and I figured that my husband (he was the boyfriend at the time) could handle helping me with my roots. It's super simple right? I used to use a bleach kit from sally's and one night he agreed to help me.  At the end I asked him if he covered everything, he said yes.  When I rinsed it all out, I discovered that a good third to half of my head still had massive roots. Sally wasn't open so we just went to the grocery store and got the closest color I could find. Rinsed it out and my hair was GREY!  Needless to say, I never let him help me with my home hair care again. 

Supernaturalfan
insider
2 years, 6 months ago
Re: Have You Ever Had a Beauty Emergency?

I'll never forget how I once walked around with "raccoon eyes" for who knows how many hours!  It was at an amusement park, and I had gotten on one of those rides where you get wet.  My ***hole boyfriend at the time SURELY must have noticed, but it took him long enough to say, "You might want to fix your eyes!"  Gee, thanks for TELLING me right away!Yell  Had a hard time cleaning it up since I didn't have any kind of makeup remover liquid or cloth on me. 

It was embarrasing to know I was walking around like that.  Obviously, he was history for other reasons, but I know my last boyfriend would have been decent enough to tell me right away!

That's good to know that a strand of hair can work like dental floss. Thanks for the tip! I actually don't like seeds on my bread, not only cause that can happen, but I just don't like them, LOL.

AliyaNatasha50
insider
2 years, 4 months ago
Re: Have You Ever Had a Beauty Emergency?

I had a upper lip problem and I used nair on the day of the  Homecoming dance. It burned a little bit but that has happened before so I just put some Aloe Vera baby gel on it and that usually helps with redness.Before I left I wiped off the oil and I guess that irritated it because the towel was hard, when I went to the bathroom my entire upper lip was RED!!! I wanted to go home !! But the gym was really dark and I asked my friend and she could not see it. Now I get it waxed at least 2 or 1 day before I have to go some where. 

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend