Home » Community » Message Boards » Get Healthy » What are the healthiest fast food options?

Discussion

What are the healthiest fast food options?

So we all try to eat healthy ... sometimes though, you just have to eat what is around you and fresh, organic food isn't always it. So I want to know ... What's your healthiest, got-to fast food pick.  Also check out this article and see if your food has skin-enhancing ingredients!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

10 Replies

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 9 months ago
Fast food options

Wendy's oriental chicken salad.  McDonald's wraps and salads.

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 9 months ago
Fast food options

Wendy's oriental chicken salad. McDonald's wraps and salads.

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
2 years, 9 months ago
A full Burgerville Rogue River Smokey Bleu salad, or a Starbucks sandwich or wrap.

aly7
elite
2 years, 8 months ago
Re: What are the healthiest fast food options?

Sometimes, I find that instead of only eating the healthier food- you can eat what you want but in a small portion.

Great question:)

-Aly

Supernaturalfan
insider
2 years, 7 months ago

Salads, or sandwiches with turkey or tuna instead of beef, pastrami, etc.  I also agree with Aly in that indulging once in awhile isn't going to hurt you.  If possible, eat only half and take the rest home.  Or eat the whole thing, limiting your calories the rest of the day.

If I do get something fast food, I can trim some calories by having them hold stuff like cheese or mayo.  Fortunately, fast food chains are posting calorie counts now.  And every calorie counts, even those "empty" ones!

ladyboarder9669
elite
2 years, 7 months ago
A chicken soft taco or a kids hamburger. The hamburger is generally around 400 cals

HealthyLivingNaturalBeauty
elite
2 years, 5 months ago

I have noticed that many fast food places are starting to offer healthier options now.  Some have veggie burgers as a choice and Taco Bell has the Fresco options that leave off the cheese.  Plus you can substitute beans for meat in tacos.  Also, choosing juice instead of soda is a good option.

Mandy.Hjellming
2 years, 5 months ago
RE: What are the healthiest fast food options?

I used to go with Subway because at least the sandwiches aren't fried - until I saw the amount of sodium/sandwich.  Now I have no idea!

dianapol
2 years, 5 months ago

very true chicken is the best option, but can you tell me what about the vegetarian persons, what they have to eat for nice diet?

drew
2 years, 4 months ago

I'm lucky in that I have an all organic coffee shop right across the road from my work that makes amazing food and coffee so I don't usually have to worry about it. On the days that I want something different though, I have to fight myself not to go get something really bad like a buffalo chicken finger salad with extra blue cheese dressing ;) (so bad but ohhhh soooo goooood) haha! So whenever I'm on the brink of caving into the calories, I make myself go to Subway. When I was in sports in high school our coach always opted for Subway on trips because you can get a low calorie and healthy sandwhich that will give you energy and fill you up. My favorite is turkey breast with provolone lots of veggies and hot mustard - oh and don't forget the BAKED chips and WATER!

So that I don't go and splurge on a huge lunch every day, I keep snack foods at my desk that have lots of fiber so I fill up on them. My favorites are Eden Foods Organic Dry Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (I like the spicy ones) and Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds :)

What do you eat in the morning that holds you all the way through to lunch? Mine is coffee and fruit!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend