Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » What Beauty Products Must You Take With You When You Travel?

Discussion

What Beauty Products Must You Take With You When You Travel?

Hi Ladies,

So exciting news, I'm going to Cancun this Saturday for the first time EVER! So I won't be around next week, but I will be back to see what you're all up to August 1st. Of course I haven't packed and I don't even know where to begin in terms of what beauty products I should bring.

I want to pack light ... I got some great tips on how to do that from this article. But I'm still not sure what products I should take. I'm assuming it's going to be very warm and I am prone to perspiration so I want to keep that in mind. I'm going to try to keep it simple I think but I was curious if any of you had some advice ... especially if you have been to Cancun.

Hope you're doing well and thanks in advance! Cool

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

volta
elite
2 years, 9 months ago
Re: What Beauty Products Must You Take With You When You Travel?

lucky! 

Gosh if I were in Cancun, I would basically just take a higher spf lotion and some translucent powder to control shine. Plus naturally lip balm with spf, tinted would look nice. :)

msbrown822
allstar
2 years, 9 months ago
Re:

have fun!

Definitely take a higher SPF lotion with you. When I travel I try to take my most often used products. If that's not possible I think of the things I use often but can purchase when you get there.

Things I never leave home without:

Deodorant (I know you can buy this, but I don't like other brands. I know what keeps me dry)

Sunscreen - you will be in Cancun. It WILL be hot.

Some lotion- just in case (but if you can get a scented one in case you can't get a minature version of your fav perfume)

and cleanser/moisturizer- most hotels just have a small bar of soap. I can't put anything on my face. If you can fit your favoite shampoo/conditioner in there then GREAT.

Try to find out what you have that can kill two birds with one stone (think: conditioner can be shave cream) and so on.

have a great time.

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 9 months ago
Beauty Products for travel

L'Occitane has several travel sets.  I have the Verbena set that has everything you need including shampooCool, conditioner, shower gel, lotion and soap.  L'Occitane makes the highest quality products.

Carole VonAllten

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
2 years, 8 months ago
I'm terrible at packing light...

I was on a 5 night vacation and brought tons of stuff. I'm one of those "just in case" gals, who packs everything.

-Sunscreen, lotion (body cream), antiperspirant

-Shampoo, conditioner, hair product, brush, hair ties

-eye primer, eyeshadow palette (Urban Decay's Naked Palette is great, you can create a lot of neutral looks with it, from subtle to smokey), eyeliner (waterproof or resistant), waterproof mascara, foundation, concealer, bronzer

-tweezers, nail clippers

LittleBunny
elite
2 years, 7 months ago
Re: What Beauty Products Must You Take With You When You Travel?

I make sure to pack FULL bottles of all my must-have products. Nothing's worse than getting there and finding that I'm out of what I need.

oopylovesyou
insider
2 years, 5 months ago
Go light! Minimize!

I generally would just take my basic makeup - and travel sized bottles of shampoo and conditioner, as well as deodorant. They generally have soap at the hotel rooms, so unless you're picky, you don't really need to bother with that. Your going to be in Cancun (lots of sun and swimming) so I honestly wouldn't bother with too much hair product, maybe some smoothing serum, but that's about it. Other than that, bring lotion and SPF to keep your skin healthy with all that sun and water. As mentioned above with makeup, I'd go light. Eye makeup should be waterproof, but I would go light and natural. Some primer, and powder, but unless you have bad skin - foundation would most likely be futile. Lipgloss or tint (again, lipstick maybe a little much), and you're set!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend