Home » Community » Message Boards » Get Healthy » Eating Raw

Discussion

Eating Raw

Is anyone on a raw diet? (raw, meaning nothing is heated over 104 degrees) I've already switched to cold processed beauty products, though going raw in my diet is proving to be a bit difficult. ANyone have raw recipes they'd like to share? OR even your opinions on eating raw foods?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

TracyTB
allstar
2 years, 9 months ago
Re: Eating Raw

I haven't tried a raw diet but I have had a few friends who have explored them. There are some really good resources you should check out like.  http://www.aniphyo.com/

http://www.amazon.com/Anis-Raw-Food-Kitchen-Delectable/dp/1600940005

We're also working on a raw food diet story, so you should definitely check back and I'll post a link in this thread once the story is live. Till then if you want to share your experiences, we'd love to hear them. Good luck!

Tracy

MissPurple
elite
2 years, 7 months ago
I've tried it...

I was able to stay on a raw diet for only 1 weekend. Once I went back to work the next week, it was soooo hard because I had no time. If i had more time in my life, I would do a raw diet consistantly.

MrsFrosty226
insider
2 years, 6 months ago
Not worth it

Honestly, there is no evidence that a raw diet is beneficial.  It is low calorie, high nutrient (except iron, all veggie diets are super low in iron) so you will lose weight.  It's trendy and hip, but there are easier ways to have a healthy diet.

Supernaturalfan
insider
2 years, 6 months ago
Re: Eating Raw

I can't eat anything raw except fruit.  I know veggies like broccoli and leafy greens are great for you, and I like these two things, but I CANNOT eat them unless they are cooked!!!!  Too bitter and tough.  And once cooked, I want them seasoned so they taste better.  I won't eat anything that doesn't taste good to me, no matter how good it is for me.  Unless they can come up with iron clad evidence that eating a certain food raw will PREVENT CANCER IN ALL PEOPLE (ADULTS & CHILDREN), regardless of other factors like environment, etc. or prevent other diseases, I'm not going to do that.

However, I like apples raw (for example), but I don't like them cooked as much.  Prefer them in their raw state.

ladyboarder9669
elite
2 years, 6 months ago
I really have a hard time buying these raw diets and juice diets.

I think eating right and exercising is the best way to go. I have neve tried a diet nor will i.

MaryTB
COMMUNITY MANAGER
2 years, 6 months ago
re: PPolished

I agree! There are so many diets out there and new ones all the time - it's crazy! The best way to stay healthy is to make smart food choices, control your portions and get plenty of exercise. What food and exercise regimen do you follow?

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend