Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Exfoliation Tips & Techniques?

Discussion

Exfoliation Tips & Techniques?

I have always had a problem with ingrown hairs on my legs and I was wondering what I can do to get rid of them and have visibly and touchably smooth skin? I am of light/medium skin tone but my ingrown hairs turn into darker spots on my legs, reminiscent of freckles (which I do have on my face and back).

Any suggestions?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 9 months ago
Exfoliation

I use Tea Tree exfoliating scrubs.  You can get different aromas from drugstore.com or Ulta.  On the other hand, it might be a good idea to see a dermatologist about your problem.  Good luck.

TracyTB
allstar
2 years, 9 months ago
Re: Exfoliation Tips & Techniques?

I totally have your same problem (though my bumps look more red than brown). According to our Hair Removal 101 article applying pre-shave oil or olive oil three minutes prior to shaving can help. You get get some more hair removal tips here. Good luck!

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
2 years, 9 months ago
Some advice...

Use a sharp razor. I throw mine away after about four uses, because they get too dull and cause razor burn and ingrown hairs. I also have to use a generous amount of shaving cream. Yes, it did seem wasteful at first, but that's what it took to keep my legs looking nice. Exfoliating can also help. I love Giovanni's Hot Chocolate Sugar Scrub. It made my skin SO SMOOTH!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend