Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » Body Lotion or Body Oil?

Discussion

Body Lotion or Body Oil?

I grew up on body lotion, but recently I got a sample of body oil and I don't think I can ever go back. Anyone else use body oil? Any thoughts/feedback on body oil vs body lotion or cream?

Thanks!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

20 Replies

saifai
insider
2 years, 7 months ago
Re: Body Lotion or Body Oil?

Oils tend to be a bit heavy for my skin. I'll use them straight out of a shower (while my skin is wet) and that works best for me. On dry skin in a normal situation, lotion. Cream if it's a really dry area.

JadaMiranda
insider
2 years, 7 months ago

Hi!  I use both.  I use body lotion during summer and body oil in winter.  So it really depends on the season.  I use the Omorovicza Firming Body Oil.  It's non-greasy and absorbs quickly into the skin.

lauramaat
2 years, 6 months ago
lotion vs oil

you can use both the prouducts because they have no harm

MaryTB
COMMUNITY MANAGER
2 years, 6 months ago
RE: Body Lotion or Body Oil

Both are great, but I prefer lotions with SPF... sun protection is important! This page is helpful for me when I'm trying to decide which products to try!

GlitzyGal
2 years, 5 months ago
I like Body Oil

I really like using coconut oil, almond oil etc on my skin.  I was reading this article and it gave me a lot of good tips.  Rejuvenate Your Skin.

lara2121
2 years ago

I think body oil will be good during winter but for summer body lotion would be best.

zeldafire
1 year, 11 months ago
scars

I'm really worried .. My daughter is having these spots on her face which have occurred after her acne problem. The pigmentation is all gone but the scars are there for so long and i haven't found any reliable product which could make her scars disappear . Please help . I've heard of this product InviCible Scars Advanced Scar Treatment | For Scars & Dark Spots Is it worth buying ? I have also heard about Mederma Skin Care for Scars, Scarring & Stretch Marks | Mederma.com. Please tell me what are your views regarding both these products ?

mum21
allstar
1 year, 11 months ago
First Annual Antiaging Awards Good Housekeeping

Not sure where to post this but it is definitely worth looking at.  Stop the Clock strategies.  Products from a number of categories were tested and 1-3 received top marks, surprisingly it wasnt always the expensive products.  There is an explanation about the science behind the testing and of course isnt be all but is one of the most organized science based Ive seen ina while

Categories include Facial moisturizer,Night Cream, ye cream,Serum, Body product, Hand product, At home peel kits, skin brightener, facial firmer and intensive line filler. TAKE A LOOK ITS WORTH THE TIME

evet
allstar
2 years, 9 months ago
Choice of body lotion or body oil

I never used body oil before, except as a bath product, because it was given to me.  Did not like it.  I bought an inexpensive but fragrant spray oil, and anyone who usually uses massage oils should check into these.  It is lighter and absorbs  into the skin.  I primarily use it on my feet, after a bath or shower.  Most of the time, I do still use body lotion. 

laurahill
2 years, 6 months ago

yes,I used olive oil after taking bath..it is good moisturizer..it really good ..it helps to keep my skin smooth and soft..

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend