Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » Eyeshadow or Colored Eyeliner?

Discussion

Eyeshadow or Colored Eyeliner?

Growing up I was all about eyeshadow. I still wear it now and then. Lately though I've just been using eyeliner on my lids instead (brown, charcoal and sometimes teal). I like it much better than eyeshadow ... I feel like it defines my eyes more so.

I am curious what everyone prefers ... are you a shadow or liner girl ... or are you both?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

17 Replies

PPolished
insider
2 years, 6 months ago
Both!

I'm a both person, although I do like the look of liner alone. I usually put liner on top of my shadow and then use an eyeliner brush to press more shadow (the same colour as the liner) over the liner for a smudgy look.

Have you ever seen this product before? It's a liner from www.ebeauty.ca that turns any eyeshadow into liquid liner which looks really cool! I think I'm going to order it!

http://www.ebeauty.ca/Vasanti/Eyeliners/Vasanti-Magic-Liner/pages/productdetails?nav=R:940505

dawnrager
allstar
2 years, 5 months ago

I've been using eyeshadow AS A dry LINER lately!  I love it... It goes on much closer to your eyelashes and it seems to look a little more natural (not heavy).  I just use an eyeliner brush to apply.  I've started to forgoe the whole "eyeshadow on the lid" thing now, but I add a dot of creamy white or vanilla to the inside of my eyes (near the bridge of my nose) and up toward my brows a bit to just "highlight."  Lastly, I add a coat or two of black mascara.  It's simple and quick for a finished eye look.   

ladyboarder9669
elite
2 years, 5 months ago
I'm an eyeshadow girl

i rarely ever wear balck eyeliner, If i wear it, i wear it in silver and only on the bottom lashes. Lately I started using a dark eyeshadow as an eyeliner on top, and when you have the wright angled brush, i have no need for eyeliner at all! :)

Mssaralee18
insider
2 years, 5 months ago
i am both..

i am both.. they are right.. it really depends on one's mood .. but i sometimes do an eyeshadow on my lids.. and a colored eyeliner at the bottom.. i love trying different colored eyeshadows and looks everyday.. when i dont have time to put on my daily makeup routine.. i go to colored eyeliners.. takes less time and can pump up your look in an instant.. but why dont you try both.. its kind of interesting if you mix them all up together.. but dont go over board.. i know its halloween but come on.. hehe

btw2335
2 years, 5 months ago
Whatever makes you feel pretty that day!!!

I am a huge fan of using shadow as a liner! It creates a nice softer line. You can also wet your brush to make it more dramatic...even a sexy cat eye!! Play with colors as well as neutrals and have fun!!!Kiss

mubym
insider
2 years, 5 months ago
Both

I happen to love both. I have brown eyes and they seem boring to me so I like to spice it up with colored liner.

Marilynl5
2 years, 4 months ago

I've always used eyeshadow.  When I was younger, I would wear eyeliner with the eyeshadow, but now I just wear the shadow.  I'm thinking about using mineral eyeshadow now.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend