Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » Calling all curly haired girls!

Discussion

Calling all curly haired girls!

As most of us curly haired girls know our hair drys up faster then water in sand. Don't get me wrong, it's not like my hair automatically dries when I get out of the shower, it stays wet and when I say it stays wet I mean it. There's no blow drying this stuff. But no matter how much conditioner I use and hairspray, it frizzes! and puffs out and the only thing I can do is put more and more product in it. I know you feel my pain and maybe only a flat iron will help, but please share what works for you, it will really help Smile.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

12 Replies

juicy01
2 years, 3 months ago
Re: Calling all curly haired girls!

I have very curly hair and the best advice I've found is not to use products (shampoo or styling products) with silicone or sulfates. They dry hair out and do alot of longterm damage. There's a book called CurlyGirls (I'm no spokesperson) that explains the concept really well. It opened my eyes to how drying silicones and sulfates are. After reading the book, I started reading labels on the products I use. I found that most everything that smoothes curly hair has some type of silicone in it, but they say it damages hair significantly.

There's a shampoo and conditioner called Eversleek, I think by Loreal that advertises itself as silicone and sulfate free and it has helped my frizzy hair get smoother and less damaged. Over time my hair has become much more managable and when I flatiron, I don't have to use as much heat.

Julieflowers
1 year, 11 months ago
Re: Calling all curly haired girls!

I tried this new product called Swirlzs Styling Creme. (swirlzs.com) It is not heavy on my natural curls and I can shampoo daily and add it-and it still works wonders. My frizzies were gone and my hair stayed in place. My husband used it on his hair and  loves it.

I flat ironed my hair after I applied it to my freshly shampooed rinsed hair and allowed it to air dry. I Flat ironed my hair and it was straight and had a natural shine-and stayed that way. My hair felt so soft and full.

I love this product.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend