Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Eyebrow shaping help needed :s

Discussion

Eyebrow shaping help needed :s

I went to a salon to get my naturally bushy eyebrows shaped, and they gave me a high arc and very thin angular brows. I was shocked when I looked in the mirror, and ran to the bathroom to fix myself up with some makeup. The "expert" told me it was a nice shape for my face, which is a pear shape (narrow forhead, fullcheeks and jawline, somewhat deep set, downturned hooded eyes in the small side)

Thing is now Ive noticed the shape gives balance to my face, but it makes my eyes look much smaller. The arch exposed a lot of browbone, which now contrasts with my small mobile lid space, making my eyes look super hooded :C  

My question is: Can I get a shape that still give balance to my face without exposing so much browbone? Or does arching the brows standardly exposes the browbone unnaturally no matter what?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 9 months ago
Larger eyes

I would suggest taking a light highlighter under your brows.  Then, depending on the color of your eyes, choose a complimentary eye shadow color.  You could work with shades of cream color.  Have 2 colors.  One light and one dark.  Put the lighter shade on your eyelids and the darker in the crease.  Follow that up with eyeliner pencil under the lower lids and on the outside corner of your lids.  Don't go all the way across.  Follow with a lot of mascara on the upper and lower eyelashes.

What I would do that would be fun is to go to a MAC counter or a Sephora store or any department that does makeovers and have the makeup artists do your eyes.  Explain the problem, and they will help.

MissXu
elite
2 years, 9 months ago
Threading

I actually had my brows threaded recently, not sure if that's what you did, but I didn't get a arch like I did the first I tried. Personally, I find the arch shaped eyebrow more attractive, but I'm fine with my current eyebrow. Since I did have two different people do my brow. Prehaps, you should wait till your eyebrow hair grows back out a bit and reshape it to something less archy and see if that works better for you.

Sidney
2 years, 9 months ago
Eyebrow shaping

Sorry to hear about your experience. It is always frustrating to get the unexpected look. I am a professional in film and TV and see far too many eyebrows that are overly arched, too high which means they are too thin, or too short on the outer ends.

My suggestion is that while you are patiently letting the brow hair that you might like back (the brow should not be above the bone) practice making tiny strokes that emulate brow hair. Do this with a sharp eyebrow pencil or a matte eyeshadow that matches your brow color and a small slanted brush. 

Eyebrows done properly make a complementary frame for your eyes. If you have so much upper lid exposed, your eye proportion in out of whack. I think you have to find a shaper who really understands each individual face and eye shape and doesn't just remove hair because that is what you are there for.

Be patient about the regrowth. It will take a lot shorter time than regrowing a bad haircut.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend