Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Else » Do You Have a Signature Scent? Our Editors Are Going To Weigh In

Discussion

Do You Have a Signature Scent? Our Editors Are Going To Weigh In

We all have that perfume, don’t we? You know, the one that maybe defined a period of our life or we spray on to feel like the best version of ourselves? A perfume that speaks to us for some reason, a scent we just can't get enough of? I want to ask our beauty editors -- what perfume is your signature? 

Please also share yours!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

11 Replies

scarrillo
insider
2 years, 10 months ago
Re: Do You Have a Signature Scent? Our Editors Are Going To Weigh In

If I have to choose just one ... I'd say Philosophy Pure Grace. It's very fresh and clean, Philosophy (accurately) describes it as a soap and water scent, and my husband loves it. It basically smells like you've just stepped out of the shower after using awesome bath products -- which comes in handy after a long day of work when I have somewhere to go. Coincidentally, it also smells like the Ventian Hotel in Las Vegas, which sounds like a bad thing but I swear it's not.

JanieTB
insider
2 years, 10 months ago
Re: Do You Have a Signature Scent?

I'm not afraid to admit it:  throughout my 4 years of high school AND 4 years of college, I wore Abercrombie 8 (years later, my friends still say the scent reminds them of me!).

Now the three fragrances I switch between are Estee Lauder Pleasures Delight, Chloe, and Chanel Chance.

TracyTB
allstar
2 years, 10 months ago

My high school years were defined by Tommy Girl. I stopped wearing perfume in college (mostly country apple body spray from Bath and Body Works). These days I'm wearing Accorel Wild Rose Eau de Parfum.

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 10 months ago
Signature scent

I actually have created a blend of my own.  It's Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture, followed by Britney Spears Circus, Kim Kardashian and Marc Jacobs Daisy.  I get more compliments on this.  I love flowery aromas.

Sharon_Yi
insider
2 years, 10 months ago
Floral for me :)

OK, I'll be the first to admit it ... I used to be an avid wearer of Cool Water by Davidoff in junior high and I thought it was so cool (c'mon you wore it too). Then, thankfully in high school I moved towards the fruitier scents of Ralph Lauren's Cool. Since college, my more formidable years, I've stuck to strictly floral scents of Daisy by Marc Jacobs, Chloe by Chloe, and now I'm super into Dolce & Gabbana's The Rose. I steer clear of musky and citrusy scents, which my coworker Anna loves and sends me wafts of every day (we sit right next to each other). Together we make quite the fragrant melody.  

kbeauty100
insider
2 years, 9 months ago
Signature Scent

I love fresh and clean scents with a hint of citrus or floral, depending on the weather. No really, when its warm I like a bit more "crispyness", when it's cold I endulge a bit more on the sweeter side. My favorites are "W" from Banana Republic and Chanel Coco Mademoisselle.

alexis_br
2 years, 9 months ago
Maybe Baby

I love Maybe Baby by Benefit. First, I love Benefit's whole campaign -- the vintage inspired look and feel of the products, the playful names, everything. As for the perfume, it's sweet and seductive. It reminds me of something a glamorous movie star from the '50s would have worn. This might sound crazy, but I always try to find products that remind me of my grandmother. She was/is a very fashionable lady, and I wish I could have known her when she was younger. Perfume definitely has a way of transporting someone to a different time.

MegRabbitt
insider
2 years, 9 months ago

I love Dolce & Gabana Light Blue -- but I'm on the hunt for a new, signature scent because I feel like I smell this fragrance on other women far too often. I was initially drawn to the scent because it's so clean, fresh, and subtle. I think because of its subtlety, some women spritz on far too much ... and that's kind of turned me off of it. Any of you know of any lesser-known fragrances that are similar to Light Blue? Fill me in!

SShum
insider
2 years, 9 months ago

My first perfume was Dolly Girl by Anna Sui and I pretty much wore that to death in middle school, I loved the light citrus scent and felt it was age appropriate. In highschool, I got sucked in by Dior Addict's beautiful ads and ended up using that for 4 years. In college, I started with Vera Wang's Princess and loved the dark chocolate tones in it (so did the boys) and ended with YSL's Parisienne since I was looking for a more "mature sexy" scent. I've always been ADD with my scents probably because I never loved one enough, so I'm definitely on the hunt for a scent that suits me (and hopefully not one that a 14 yr old is wearing)

GrandRN
2 years, 9 months ago
Do You Have a Signature Scent?

Like most children of the '70s, I tried most of the 'young' stuff: Sweet Honesty, Soft Musk, Cachet.  Then in college, Shalimar.  Finally, all grown up and a seasoned professional, I absolutely LOVE Coco's true 'signature' classic: Chanel No. 5!  Always classy, always appropriate and ALWAYS available!Cool

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend