Home » Community » Message Boards » » Best Thai Massages in L.A.

Discussion

Best Thai Massages in L.A.

Some ladies like to get their nails done, others prefer to get their hair done on a regular basis. I will cut my hair maybe three times a year and possibly get my nails professionally done 4 times a year at most! I definitely save money by limiting my salon visits. However all that hard saved cash tends to get spent elsewhere, massages.

To be fair, I had back surgery about 10 years ago so, I probably get/need more massages than the average person. This means I'm always looking for a deal on massages, plus a variation from the traditional Swedish (which is very relaxing but sometimes isn't enough when my muscles are really sore). More importantly, massages are actually good for your health, so that's even more of an incentive to get them. 

I was totally excited when my friend Michelle Joni Lapidos, (the editor of Spa Week Daily) took me to the Thai Sabai spa in Westwood (they also have a Hollywood/Thai Town Location).

Thai Sabai Spa

The salon is very peaceful set up in the traditional Thai style. Massages are performed on the floor and you wear loose/funky traditional Thai outfits. You get the best of both massage techniques, the stretching, kneading, acupressure and reflexology from Thai massage and the relaxing movement and pressure typical for Swedish massages.  Plus they offer 90 minute sessions for less than what most spas will charge for a 50 minute session. 

Sabai means relaxed in Thai and there couldn't be a better word to describe how you feel after 90 minutes of pure Thai bliss. Definitely recommend this place for all Angelenos who are seeking an affordable and unique massage experience. Also Thai Sabai regularly participates in Spa Week, the major spa discount event that happens twice a year.  Also in case you're wondering what the funky Thai outfits look like, I snapped a photo of Michelle and I rocking them with style.

Thai Massage Outfits

Thai Sabai Spa

Westwood
2306 Westwood Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90064

Thai Town / Hollywood
5261 Hollywood Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90027

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

2 Replies

scarrillo
insider
2 years, 10 months ago
Re: Best Thai Massages in L.A.

This looks like so much fun!!

DevranM
insider
2 years, 10 months ago
Re: Best Thai Massages in L.A.

I think I need one of these! Can i accompany you next time? :) 

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend