Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » which eye creams with retinol and vitamin K are the best for dark circles and...

Discussion

which eye creams with retinol and vitamin K are the best for dark circles and fine lines?

I saw this question posted on the totalbeauty.com facebook page and amreally interested in what you guys think.  My dark circles arent too bad but i am developing some fine lines under my eyes ... do you think retinol will help?

Much Love

claire

xoxo

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

4 Replies

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 10 months ago
Dark Circles and fine lines

I did some research,  and I am an esthetician/cosmetology student.  I personally use Retin A.  My research revealed that Retin-A around the eyes causes burning and irritation due to the delicate skin around the eyes.  You can use it between your eyes where there might be a frown. Further, Retin A is a form of Vitamin C.  Eye creams with hyalauronic acid are good for fine lines. 

Vitamin K helps coagulate blood. 

Best answer is to get lots of rest and use a serum under and around your eyes, followed by an eye cream.  I use Kiehl's serum and cucumber under eye cream, and it works. 

Be sure to always wear concealer.

See next post for more info

JadaMiranda
insider
2 years, 8 months ago
Re: which eye creams with retinol and vitamin K are the best for dark circles and fine lines?

I use Omorovicza Reviving Eye Cream with vitamin K, from lucernoil, for dark circles and hazelnut peptide for fine lines and wrinkles.

I bought it using my Omorovicza Pengo points - loyalty reward points.  Got a great deal for that.  Just buy any Omorovicza skin care  products online to earn points. 

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 10 months ago
Retinol and Vitamin K

Don't use Retinol around your eyes.  They will burn and sting.  Vitamin K is an anti-coagulation vitamin.

The best way to get rid of dark circles is to:

1.  Get plenty of sleep

1.  Don't each junk food - eat green, leafy vegetables (which contain Vitamin K - eat lots of fruit, like apples, oranges

3c.  Apply a serum under your eyes, like one of  Kiehl's serums.  Best way to get it  is to go to a major Dep't Store and have a consultation with employee to decide which serum is best for you

4.  Apply an under eye cream on top of the serum.  I use a cucumber cream from the Vermont Country store

5.  Apply Vitamin E oil, the very best vitamin for skin.  Apply it all over your face, including under the eyes.  Anything that is applied under your eyes should be tapped on slightly with your little finger

6.  If your are using Retin A, only use at night.

Hope this helps, and when in doubt, always use a concealer anyway to brighten up the eye area.  I use Benefit Erase Paste or concealer by Too Faced.  A little goes a long way.  It's worth the money.  Don't buy cheap drugstore brands.

beautyfromnyc
2 years, 8 months ago
Re: which eye creams with retinol and vitamin K are the best for dark circles and fine lines?

if you use or plan to use anti-aging creams and wrinkle creams, id suggest checking out "http://www.DocsWrinkleCreamReview.org". Very informative website which compares & reviews these creams & their ingredients. pretty neat stuff, if anyone has any other websites that do similar reviews, please share! the more information we have the better buying decision we can all make.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend