Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Best Natural Acne Medication

Discussion

Best Natural Acne Medication

Im convinced that I dont want too much harsh chemicals on my face, so im looking for natural acne medication. Like Burts Bees or Say Yes To Carrots. I would like to ask which brand is most effective?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

4 Replies

skingod
2 years, 9 months ago
Acne

Oatmeal Mask:  Say yes to oats! Your favorite morning  bowl of oats also doubles as your weekly facial mask or daily light scrub.  Oats and  milk or a great combo for acne. Reduces inflmation and calms the skin down.  I have my clients blend 2 cups dry oats.  Store  in freezer.  When needed Mix equal parts oats and  milk, buttermilk, or yogurt. Let rest on face 15 to 20 min. Remove gently with cool wet towel.  Then apply a good dose of Moisturiser  your face should feel wet.  I have my clients use Skinwater  from Biokorium. Harsh chemicals can cause more acne if not used properly.

http://www.biokorium.com/

naomi_taylor
2 years, 9 months ago
Natural Acne Remedy

Aveeno is pretty good brand to use on your face.  It's gentle, non comodegenic, and mostly organic.

I have used Queen Helene's Mud Mask and that also helps.

Another at home remedy suggestion is a facial mask mixture of honey and crushed non-coated aspirin.  My sis uses this as her regimen daily and she says it helps her acne and it also helps close her pores which prevents acne.  I have seen her use it for the last year and the results have been very impressive.

Hope that helps!

cuteiam16
2 years, 8 months ago
Re: Best Natural Acne Medication

There is a product called skinid it is amazing I use it all the time and it works (:

saifai
insider
2 years, 8 months ago
Re: Best Natural Acne Medication

I don't blame you on the harsh chemicals front. Personally, I'm not in favor of them though for more personal reasons. I've got extremely sensitive skin, and eczema, and I find some of the more common ingredients in those products made to handle acne-prone skin too harsh on my skin (especially anything with salycilic acid).

I've started using Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and a light oil-free moisturizer day and night. During the day I use Eucerin Daily Moisturizer with SPF and at night I use CereVe Nighttime Moisturizer. I tried Bare Minerals products, and they work great on my skin too. Any natural moisturizer will work too (though steer clear of the heavier oils as they'll just work against you). Oddly enough, keeping your skin moisturized when you have acne is one of the most important things you can do.

I use a clay-based mask once a week to help keep my skin clear. I also use a scrub once a week or so as well to help clear away any dead skin.

If I've got any stubborn zits, I use a more gentle cream like Zapzyt. That's my new favorite actually. There are some essential oils that work fairly well if you're determined to go au naturale. Try things with either lavender oil or tea tree oil in them.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend