Home » Community » Message Boards » » When you are getting ready in the morning...do you apply your makeup BEFORE...

Discussion

When you are getting ready in the morning...do you apply your makeup BEFORE or AFTER you get dressed

I do my skincare routine then I semi get dressed and then put on my make up so that im not pulling clothes over the top of my newly done make up...
what do you do?
much love
claire
xoxo

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

17 Replies

volta
elite
2 years, 8 months ago
Re: When you are getting ready in the morning...do you apply your makeup BEFORE or AFTER you get dressed

After. I wear a lot of tshirts and I don't want to get anything on the rim.

elizabeth_roberts
2 years, 6 months ago
Definitely Before

OMG the way I do my makeup I would have to pick a new outfit.  I definitely try to do it before I get dressed.

Elizabeth

www.primpedandpainted.com

ladyboarder9669
elite
2 years, 6 months ago
It varies for me. Sometimes before, sometimes after...

PPolished
insider
2 years, 6 months ago
Before!

I would probably dust powder all over myself by accident if I got dressed first :p

scarrillo
insider
2 years, 10 months ago
Re: When you are getting ready in the morning...do you apply your makeup BEFORE or AFTER you get dressed

Both? If I have an idea in mind of what I want to wear then I'll just do my makeup and then get dressed (that way I don't spill any makeup on my clothes). If I don't know what I want to wear then I'll usually figure that out first and then do my makeup. That way I can wear a makeup look that matches my outfit. I'm always torn between not wanting to drop eyeshadow or foundation on my clothes and wanting to be dressed so I can see what my overall look would be :)

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 10 months ago
Apply makeup before or after dressed

You definitely do not want to put on makeup after you're dressed.  You will get your clothes dirty.  Powder anything will drop on your clothes, and you run the risk of dropping your mascara wand on yourself.  Always put on your face care, followed by your makeup.  Don't ever brush your teeth before you get dressed.  Toothpaste is virtually impossible to remove from clothes.

Carole VonAllten

crazy
2 years, 10 months ago

I hate dressing up before starting the makeup routine. That's what we did when we were teens. So, still in my bra or cami, I will start with the moisturizer and wait for it to absorb into the skin while blow drying my hair. Then I'd put on the primer and style my hair. Then - start and finish with the face makeup routine, possibly do the eyes (including some e/s). Only then would I get dressed. If I were to start with the face makeup routine already in my clothing, I would still need to use the face powder (to set the foundation) and (if I decide to use) e/s, the powder would fall onto my clothing. And that is very visible if the top is dark and I know I own and like dark clothing. BTW, I am pretty talented with pulling on a top with the lipstick on, so I don't worry if I already have it on :) I would just suck in the lips and everything's clean :)

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend