Home » Community » Message Boards » » When you are getting ready in the morning...do you apply your makeup BEFORE...

Discussion

When you are getting ready in the morning...do you apply your makeup BEFORE or AFTER you get dressed

I do my skincare routine then I semi get dressed and then put on my make up so that im not pulling clothes over the top of my newly done make up...
what do you do?
much love
claire
xoxo

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

17 Replies

DevranM
insider
2 years, 10 months ago
Re: When you are getting ready in the morning...do you apply your makeup BEFORE or AFTER you get dressed

I'll normally apply most of my makeup AFTER I put my clothes on so that my makeup doesn't rub off all over what I'm wearing. 

lovetiffany
2 years, 10 months ago
Re: When you are getting ready in the morning...do you apply your makeup BEFORE or AFTER you get dressed

I typically apply my make up after I get dressed. My make up and perfume are the last to go on before walking out of the door. I don't usually wear much though, on a normal day it's just powder foundation, mascara, and my trusty chapstick. On special occasions, nights out, or when I just feel like dressing up, i'll add in eye shadow (matching whatever i'm wearing that day) and eye liner, maybe even a little blush. But it always goes on last! I made the mistake of doing my make up PERFECTLY one day, then tossing on a shirt and smearing both my freshly done eyeliner and mascara, which in turn messed up my foundation. I ended up having to wipe off and start again, due to my slight OCD on perfection lol.

<3 Tiffany

MissXu
elite
2 years, 10 months ago
Makeup After

I like to wash up, that is brush my teeth and wash my face before I dress. This way water doesn't get splattered onto my clothes. Then I get dressed and do my makeup shortly after, usually before I leave, but after I eat breakfast. So basically, it's wash, dress, eat, and then makeup. 

TracyTB
allstar
2 years, 10 months ago

I'll prep my face i.e. eye cream, tinted moisturizers, spf ETC first. Then I get dressed and then I put on the rest of my makeup. I can't decide what lip color I'm going to use until I've figured out my outift. :)

teema
insider
2 years, 10 months ago

After I am dressed up... so it wont mess up my makeup !!!

bukiyounahito
2 years, 10 months ago
Before

I'm just too messy to put my makeup on afterwards!

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
2 years, 9 months ago
USUALLY I put on makeup after I get dressed.

I've gotten makeup on my outfit too many times doing it in reverse!

aly7
elite
2 years, 6 months ago

I brush my teeth, then get dressed, then do my hair, and lastly do my makeup.

Supernaturalfan
insider
2 years, 9 months ago

I do it before, since I can be kind of klutzy and get product on my clothes!  Foot in mouth I actually once knocked over a bottle of liquid foundation, LOL.  It spilled onto the dresser, but nothing splashed on me!  Even if had, it would only have gotten on my pj's.  Would be a pain to get it out, but not as much as if it got onto a "good" piece of clothing.  Esp. if I'm pressed for time and don't know what to weat instead!

After that happened, it "confirmed" my decision to always put on makeup or handle any skincare products (like sunscreen) BEFORE I get dressed!

Also, I put on sunscreen as well, so doing other skin stuff afterwards allows the sunscreen to set so it won't rub off on my clothes.  I get better coverage applying it before anyway.  I prefer to get dressed once everything has had a change to "set", then I know I'm ready to be seen in public.

With the case of some lipsticks, I might put THAT on last so it doesn't rub off onto my top if it's a pullover top.

addkg777
allstar
2 years, 8 months ago
makeup before or after

i usually do makeup first, get drssed and then do my hair

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend