Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » what has healed your acne?

Discussion

what has healed your acne?

i want to know if you had acne and found a cure. im still struggling. its not near as bad as it once was a few years ago but its still really annoying. please comment.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

32 Replies

ladyboarder9669
elite
2 years, 5 months ago
Active Yellow has worked amazingly for me add well as SkinAgain's 3 step acne treatment.

grass
insider
2 years, 4 months ago
What has healed your acne?

VMV Id Facial Wash with Salicylic acid. I'm also taking anti-oxidant food supplements now such as LifePack by Nu Skin which miraculously cleared-up my face.

Laurenco77
insider
2 years, 4 months ago
My acne solutions

I have struggled with acne since I was in middle school (I'm 20 now). I have tried everything from the blue-light treatment from a dermatolist to several expensive and non-expensive skin-care regimines. Believe it or not, proactiv works the best for me. I know it does NOT work for everyone, but I suggest that you try it if you haven't. The thing to remember about it is that you HAVE to use the 3-step system (plus the mask) every morning and every night, always. If I skip a day or even just skip one product a few times, my skin will go backwards in progress. You must be consistant about it. I do, however, use philosophy's microdelivery wash about 3 times a week as a mini-facial to slough off my dead skin and bring balance to my skin. Consistantly Allowing your face to regenerate skin cells and exfoliate is such an important tool for acne-prone skin.

Here is the negative part of proactiv...your skin gets used to it after a long period of time and begins to not work as efficiently. When I give my skin a break from proactiv, I use the Clinique acne solutions regime, which is great during my break from proactiv. Once I go back to proactiv, it works just as great as it did in the beginning. Switching back and forth every 4-5 months or so has cleared my skin up dramatically. If proactiv doesn't work for you (even if you consistantly used it, no mistakes made) definetly give the clinique acne solutions a try.

mslupin
insider
2 years, 4 months ago
Re: what has healed your acne?

Neostrata Neoceuticals (?) spot treatment gel worked great for me. I used to have really bad acne when I was in high school and tried every drugstore cream, creams and pill from the dermatologist, and proactiv and none of it really worked for me. Birth control seemed to help a bit, but I tried Neostrate and it cleared my face up in a couple days. It's pretty sticky, like honey, so I only used it at night, but it worked!

taylor_alston
2 years, 4 months ago
Acne Help

I never had bad acne, but it was always present. My acne cleared up completely when I started birth control. If worked quickly, as well. I think my acne cleared up within a week of starting the pill.

Beccs
2 years, 3 months ago

It may sound weird but a natural product by mama nature called teenage dream that contains natural oils cleared up my acne. I was dubious about putting oils on my skin but mama nature say on their website that jojoba oil stops the oil glands in your skin from producing the oil that blocks your pores. They say that jojoba oil doesn't block your pores and actually unblocks your blocked pores by dissolving hardened sebum. I am not a scientist or doctor but all I know is it worked for me.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
insider
2 years, 3 months ago
What treated my acne?

Accutane. Nothing else worked for me.

Sally89
2 years, 3 months ago
Aknicare products

I've had ance since my early teens and am now 25, and I still struggle with oiliness and spots. I have found the Aknicare products to be the best and I've tried a lot of different brands, etc. I was recommended these by a skin clinic, and it is well researched and recommended by dermatologists. It's the only stuff I've found to actually fight my acne, oiliness and redness whilst also looking after my skin. My skin looks so much clearer I actually don't wear make up most of the time and am much more confident in the way I look. When I tell people I suffer from acne they actually don't believe me, which is very nice for me after years of suffering with spots.

It's reasonably priced for how good it is, you're not paying for fancy packaging, but for a very good product that is well researched and well developed.

Has anyone else tried these products?

Ginger_LaBeouf
2 years, 3 months ago

I used to have acne on my back and tried so many things to get rid of it (mainly products) that didn't work.  Finally I tried not letting any conditioner run down my back in the shower and using soap to wash my back as the very last thing I did before getting out of the shower and my acne had decreased dramatically! Laughing

ladyboarder9669
elite
2 years, 2 months ago
Proactiv

I recently tried proactiv and althought its super drying, if you use it here and there it really does help a lot with ACNE.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend