Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » what has healed your acne?

Discussion

what has healed your acne?

i want to know if you had acne and found a cure. im still struggling. its not near as bad as it once was a few years ago but its still really annoying. please comment.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

32 Replies

addkg777
allstar
2 years, 8 months ago
Re: what has healed your acne?

runee89
allstar
2 years, 8 months ago
Aloe

I used to have moderate acne & tried tons of products to help with it but honestly, what worked for me was right outside in the garden: plain old aloe. You just need to cut off a leaf & you can either peel the outer layer off and rub it on your face or use a food processor to mash the leaf up. Apply it to your face every night before bed & store the unused portions in the fridge. The next morning you just rinse it off with cool water. It doesn't get rid of acne over night or anything (but it kill the redness by the next morning) but after a week or two I hardly had any acne & it also seems to prevent furture break-outs. And just for added bonuses: it helps control oil, moisturizes dry spots, & evened out my skin tone (not drastic, but noticable). I also had a friend who would use aloe to help fight off fine lines & tighten skin but I'm only 21 so I can't really attest to how well it works as an anti-aging agent. Unfortunately, it didn't completely help with erasing acne scars so if you need that as well I hear retinol works well.

elizabethroman
insider
2 years, 8 months ago
RE: what has healed your acne?

One word CLARISONIC. Yes it may be a little pricey but trust me it is the best beauty investment you will ever make. I had really bad pimples on my T-zone and once I started using my clarisonic all my blemishes and imperfections started to disappear. I also use retinol night cream I love Neutrogena rapid wrinkle repair moisturizer night accelerated retinol SA. It not only clears your skin but also prevents aging, but keep in mind retinols are suppose to be used in the night only because if you use it during the day it will irritate your skin due to the suns powerful rays. For the day I always use a moisturizer with antioxidant, I love Neutrogena antioxidant day moisturizer it feels light it smells really good and it keeps my oily T-zone matte. Hope that helps.

itzelc18
2 years, 8 months ago
Acne Gone

My acne kept getting worse and no mstter what I tried, I would still get acne. I tried oxy face wash maximum control and found it to be the only thing that has controlled my acne; I haven't had a breakout in a year! A pimple every now and then does surface, but not every other day like when I didn't try this face wash. Very cheap too: only about five or six dollars.

jhana011
insider
2 years, 7 months ago
Birth Control

I tried everything to deal with my acne, and I found that with products such as Retin A or anything with benzyl peroxide, it helped, but not much and it dried out my face. When I went on birth control though (Ortho Evra patch to be exact), my acne cleared up in less than a month. I still occasionally get a period pimple or a stress pimple, but they are so few and far in between that I hardly notice it sometimes.

ladyboarder9669
elite
2 years, 7 months ago
I just went off the pill and have Acne for the first time in my life!

I never had acne as a teenager. I went on the pill at 21 and ten years later just went off it and switched to an IUD and now i'm breaking out like crazy, and have been all summer since I went off the pill! I don't get it, I never had acne before I went on the pill, but that is the only thing that has changed in my routine, so I have no idea what else it could be. Its so weird!

TracyTB
allstar
2 years, 7 months ago

I've always struggled with acne growing up and I've tried a lot of different products ranging from the drugstore, over the counter prescriptions, and department store brands. Everytime I would try a new product it seemed to work for awhile and that was about it. I would then try a different brand. I think as I got older my skin began to stabilize and now I can use anything without it breaking out.

We have a section on our site dedicated to acne - Check out Acne Information and Advice!

In this section, you'll find everything you need to know about Acne. From photos to videos to articles, you'll be able to get the information you need to make the changes you want.

dtrivi215
insider
2 years, 6 months ago
My honest opinion....

Please check my blog and youtube....over the next few weeks I will be reviewing great acne products and blogging about them as well. 

Please support a new beauty guru!!

http://danasdermadiary.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/dtrivi215?feature=mhee

Supernaturalfan
insider
2 years, 6 months ago

I have a prescription for Erythroymycin (spelling?) 2% gel for bad breakouts.  It's pretty strong and can sting, but it clears the acne as fast as one or two days!

For mild breakouts, salicylic acid works for me.  Neutrogena makes some kind of 3-1 treatment for acne.  It was salicylic acid but also hydrates.  The motto on the tube is "Make acne one less stress."  Unfortunately, I've gone blank on the exact name, but it comes in a white tube with orange stripe-like marks.

I didn't have acne since my teens, until the past few years with hormonal changes bringing on "adult acne".

btw2335
2 years, 5 months ago
for me...

I never had acne that much....but now in my 30's I have had more, and for me it was dryness. I had bad cystic painful pimples that took weeks to go away. I over washed my skin, and exfoliated wayyyy too often --because I thought I was getting zits from oil. I started using Cerave cleanser and moisturizer and it has done wonders!! It's great under makeup as well. It is a gentle cleanser, and keeps my skin hydrated! Probably not what will help you, but just wanted to throw in a dry skin POV..You just have to figure ouw what you need for your skin and don't over work it! Good luck! Kiss

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend