Home » Community » Message Boards » » Any DIY skin spot lightening recipes?

Discussion

Any DIY skin spot lightening recipes?

I just turned 39 and I'm starting to notice some darker spots on my face now (ugh, I know!).  I'm wondering if anyone has a good recipe for an all-natural DIY recipe I can just apply to the problem areas?  I'm hesitant to try anything in the stores since I've been told they seem to literally "bleach" your skin!  I look forward to hearing your feedback...  Thanks!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

8 Replies

aly7
elite
2 years, 10 months ago
Re: Any DIY skin spot lightening recipes?

Lemon. It "brightens" and feels refreshing. You can add a few drops of the juice to water in a spray bottle and mist it on your face.

Or, just get a new concealer that "brighens". I like Benefit Erase Paste $26

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 10 months ago
Spot lightening

I have heard, too, that lemon juice works.  However, I got a prescription from my primary care physician for Retin-A, and it is fading a spot.  I filled the prescription with generic Retinoil,, and it cost me $83.00 at Walgreens.

I also use Benefit Erase Paste.  Apply with a small makeup brush and blend the edges and go easy on the Erase Paste blending of the dark spot.

Also, I just bought Royal Jelly cream, and that is supposed to work, too.  Buy it from the Vermont Country Store - www.vermontcountrystore.com or call them at 1-802-776-5700 Mon-Fri, 7 am to 12 am, Sat-Sun8am - 10 pm EST.

Be sure to ask for their catalogue.  It's check full of goodies that haven't around since the 60's.- like Evening in Paris Perfume, my mother's favorite from way back when.

Good luck

Carole Von Allten

gail_haverty
2 years, 10 months ago
Dark Spot Lightening

I dont know of anything 'natural', but when I worked at a cosmetics counter, Clinique was the counter across from me and I cant tell you how many people bought their Dark Spot Remover.  People swore by it, and I saw very happy customers come back all the time.  Maybe worth a try?

TracyTB
allstar
2 years, 10 months ago

I haven't tried anything DIY for this issue either, but I have been using the Kiehl's photo corrector line (spot deminishing) and I definitely see results on some of my darker sun-kissed areas. Check out my review of the line here. 

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 10 months ago
DIY lightening recipes

Lemon juice, mixed with water and in a spray bottle.  Put it in the refrigerator so you'll also get a cooling spray on your face.  For direct contact  on a brown spot, just keep putting lemon juice on a cotton ball and put on on the spot(s).

ladyboarder9669
elite
2 years, 9 months ago
Wow I knew it worked for hair, never thought to use lemon juice for skin! I'll have to try this!

dawnrager
allstar
2 years, 9 months ago

Thanks for the tips, friends!  I'll definitely try the lemon idea and if that doesn't work to my liking, maybe I'll try out the Clinique option.  Thanks again!

aly7
elite
2 years, 8 months ago

You're welcome:)

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend