Home » Community » Message Boards » » The Best Hair Gel?

Discussion

The Best Hair Gel?

I have wavy hair that I like wearing natural, but I'm still seeking a great gel that will define my waves without making them crunchy or stringy looking. What hair gels have you absolutely loved or absolutely hated? Any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks, beauties!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

aly7
elite
2 years, 10 months ago
Re: The Best Hair Gel?

I love Sauve All Day gel, it comes in a black tube.

dawnrager
allstar
2 years, 10 months ago
Re: The best hair gel

I, too, have wavy hair but don't like the stiffness of most gels... I really like Tresemme, Dove, and Suave gels.  *Add a half of teaspoon (to a full teaspoon) of honey to your gel and shake it real well.  The honey will help to set your hair and condition it (while keeping it soft and smelling good, too!).  Good luck!

TracyTB
allstar
2 years, 10 months ago

I have sort of wavy hair and I've found that the John Master's Organic Sea Salt Spray and the Bourbon Tangerine Pomade both do wonders on my hair. 

You can also check out what other Total Beauty readers have shared about hair gel in our reviews section. 

DevranM
insider
2 years, 10 months ago

I have pretty curly hair and have found that often times gel strips the hair of moisture (most contain alcohol), so I have opted for more of a cream product. I highly recommend Aveda's Be Curly Style Prep. It's not heavy at all, but effectively coats my curls so that they aren't extremely frizzy and helps them retain a nice bounce :) I think this will work well on hair that's wavy. Good luck!

stephanie_marie
2 years, 10 months ago

Hey Beautiful Ladies,

Try Herbal Essences Totally Twisted curl boosting mousse.  The tip is once your out of the shower use a old T-Shirt to lightly squeeze the excess water out and do not comb or brush either, you want to use a scrunching motion at all times.  Then use a few dollops of mousse as much as you need to cover and make sure you scrunch it all over and cover all sections of your hair or you'll end up with dry spots.

Then diffuse upside down, cupping your curls into the diffuser till about 80% dry and don't touch your curls to much or you will create frizz.  About an hour later or so when your hair is completely dry bend over and lightly scrunch your curls to give beautiful bounce.  This product does not leave my hair crunchy or stringy.

And if u really want to moisturize your curls before this step add a few drops of Rusk Oil (argan oil) into your conditioner and sit with a shower cap on for a few hours. I like to use One Condition from the DEVA line.  Its really nice.

Good Luck

S

rbhika
2 years, 10 months ago
garnier

i have fine wavy hair. i like garnier wavy hair spray gel. not too heavy, good hold, no frizz, no white flakey stuff,

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend