Home » Community » Message Boards » Hair Help » Grey hair! (How to dye it)

Discussion

Grey hair! (How to dye it)

Refer to my blog for the whole story. Now I have read somewhere that grey hair can't be dyed. Can they be dyed? Can I go to my hairstylist and get it dyed? IDK my first go 'round with grey hair and I hate it. I'm in my mid-20's this not ok.Frown

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

4 Replies

m1ssm1ndy
2 years, 7 months ago
Re: Grey hair! (How to dye it)

I am right there with you, getting grey hair in my mid 20's.  You can defintely dye your hair :)

brandyc89
2 years ago

you deffinatly can color it i suggest going to a professional as grey hair can be tricky to formulate for.. a pro can insure you get even color that is exactly what you had in mind.

TeresaDouglas
2 years ago

Yes, you can color gray hair. I'm about 50% gray/50% dark brown naturally, and I color my hair with red dye. When colored, the grays just look like highlights. I wait the maximum recommended time before rinsing off the dye, since grays are stubborn.

lara2121
2 years ago

Yes gray hairs can be colored but is there any way to prevent colors by turning into gray.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend