Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Else » Music that Makes Me Feel Beautiful ...

Discussion

Music that Makes Me Feel Beautiful ...

I just saw this awesome post on Yahoo Shine about the most stylish music videos all time (I'm pretty sure Beyonce's new "Who Run the World (Girls)" video will make the revamped version of this list. Anyhow with summer approaching I'm getting super excited about warmer days spent by the pool listening to my favorite music.

So since this is Total Beauty, I thought it might be fun to share a few songs that make me feel beautiful. Would love to hear what songs make you feel beautiful too (PLUS I need to update my playlist for all the summer parties I'm hoping to throw).

California Girls, The Beach Boys: Well ... kind of obvious right :) As a born and raised California girl, I'm slightly biased. 

Who Run the World (Girls), Beyonce: I'm kind of obsessed with Beyonce, she brings out my inner Sasha Fierce. 

You've Got the Love, Candi Staton: This song played on the finale of Sex and the City and Florence and the Machine recently re-made it. When I listen to this song, I feel I can do anything.  

By Your Side, Sade: Just about anything Sade sings makes me feel great. This song happens to be my favorite. 

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

9 Replies

DevranM
insider
2 years, 11 months ago
My Musical Beauty

I absolutely LOVE this post (I may be a little biased since I DJ)... I'd like to think that my "natural glow" comes partly from my beauty products, but also from when I listen to music that puts a smile on my face. 

Songs that do this would probably be...

Edward Maya - Stereo Love

Stromae ft. Kanye West - Alors On Danse

Taio Cruz - Believe In Me Now

LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem

Afrojack - Take Over Control 

....these are just a few of my favorites that get me dancing, get me smiling, and get me feeling beautiful :) 

ladyboarder9669
elite
2 years, 11 months ago
Pop Music and anything upbeat that gets me dancing around!

Kesha- Tic Toc

Lady Gaga- Dance

Taylor Swift- Mine

Bananarama- Cruel Summer

Britney Spears- Hold it against me

Flo-Rida - sugar

volta
elite
2 years, 11 months ago
Re: Music that Makes Me Feel Beautiful ...

I listen to a lot of French bands. I love indie-alternative & house dance music.

Phoenix

Daft Punk

Yelle

Justice

Deadmau5

CSS

Frankmusik

The Hives

Numéro

Peaches

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Two Door Cinema Club

rockgal911
insider
2 years, 11 months ago
This is such a great topic!

Songs That make me feel beautiful!

Who Says by Selena Gomez (Yeah I know what you're thinking, I was shocked too when I found out I liked a disney chicks song!) lol No offence to the ones who are usually into that sort of thing!

Diva by Beyonce! This song is really sexy!

WE R WHO WE R by Ke$ha is the perfect song to listen to with my friends : )

DevranM
insider
2 years, 10 months ago

Volta - LOVE your artist choices esp Deadmau5. Favorite of mine too :)

TracyTB
allstar
2 years, 10 months ago

So cool. We blogged about this on Yahoo Shine today too! Love hearing what everyone likes to hear. Music is beautiful!

TracyTB
allstar
2 years, 10 months ago

Devran and Volta ... I love Deadmau5 too + Daft Punk!

Supernaturalfan
insider
2 years, 8 months ago

There's a video/song I love called "Put a girl in it".  I can't remember the name of the artist!  He's a country-western artist.  It has all these women dancing in it, showing how the woman's touch can make it all better!

He talks about how guys can get a brand new set of skis or a new truck, etc.  "Put a girl in it, or it ain't worth nothing.  Doesn't mean a lot without a little loving, put a girl in it."  The lyrics go something like that!Laughing

Also, California Girls, the BEACH BOYS version.  I like Van Halen, but their version of it makes all women look like whores!

Old Donna Summer video called "Hard for the money".  Shows all these women from all these occupations, blue & white collar, working so hard for the money!  But they still look good while doing so!  Shows women from all walks of life; they are all beautiful!

Xsyntriq
1 year, 1 month ago

"I Am The Body Beautiful" by Salt-n-Pepa - here's the chorus: Don't hate me cuz I'm beautiful Everybody's beautiful in their own special way (yes) Carry yourself like a queen and you will attract a king Beauty comes from within (yes) Whatever the mind can conceive and believe You will achieve (got to believe) Do you believe (yes) that you are body beautiful? Yes! Yes! Oooo, yes!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend