Home » Community » Message Boards » » Question about MAC

Discussion

Question about MAC

I heard (or read, I can't remember) that if you turn in 6 used MAC lipsticks that you get the next one free. Is this true? Or is it if you turn in 6 of any used product you receive a free lipstick. Has anyone ever done this?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

7 Replies

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 11 months ago
Mac freebie

Someone told me you can turn in 1 used up lipstick and get a free one.  I am going to ask the next time I am at a MAC store or counter.  Thanks for reminding me!

TracyTB
allstar
2 years, 11 months ago
Re: Question about MAC

Hi Ladies,

Just found this on the MAC webiste:

"Because we share your commitment to the environment, M·A·C accepts returns of its primary packaging through the Back to M·A·C Program. By returning six [6] M·A·C primary packaging containers to a M·A·C counter or M·A·C Cosmetics online, you’ll receive a free M·A·C lipstick of your choice as our thanks to you."

So in short, if you return any six MAC cosmetic primary packaging containers to a counter or online, you'll get a free lipstick. Woohoo!

Learn more at http://www.maccosmetics.com/giving_back/btm_return_packaging.tmpl

msbrown822
allstar
2 years, 11 months ago

Very cool Thank you Tracy :) I don't know why I didn't think to go to the website LOL.

www.KeepMeBlushing.com
insider
2 years, 11 months ago
love!

This is great and I wish more people would participate.  It's a great way to go green and get free lipstick!Kiss

mssnarnd
2 years, 11 months ago
Just Another Reason Why I Love MAC!

Yes!

I've been wearing MAC since circa 1996 - and I've always participated in this program. I've taken back all types of MAC containers over the years - even some containers with missing lids, etc - and they've always accepted them. I believe I did have them refuse to take back a lip liner once (not a lip pencil . . . but a liner that was contained in a plastic tube).

MAC will not let your "gift" lipstick be from the VIVA GLAM line - as some of the proceeds go to charity. There may be other restrictions that I am not aware of.

TracyTB
allstar
2 years, 11 months ago

Yay, MAC is pretty awesome like that. I believe Origins does something similar, though I'd have to check the website. Happy to help ... that's what our community is here for!

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
2 years, 10 months ago
Turn in 6, get one free.

Not the next one, it's on the same visit. I haven't done it yet but I plan on doing it :)

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend