Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Very oily T-zone

Discussion

Very oily T-zone

My face isn't oily, just my T-zone gets so, so, SO oily! I exfoliate with St.Ives twice a week, I wash my face twice a day (with Noxzema or a dove soap bar) and I use a toner before going to bed, I don't even use a moisturizer, and my T-zone is STILL so oily!!! What do I do?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
2 years, 11 months ago
I've had the same problem.

I also have really oily skin and haven't been able to find anything that'll fix it. A good foundation and blot powder have really helped keep my oily skin at bay. I use MAC ProLongwear and MAC Blot powder, and they do a pretty good job of keeping my oily skin looking a little more matte.

scarrillo
insider
2 years, 11 months ago
Re: Very oily T-zone

I have a couple suggestions. One, dermatologists have told me that if you dry out your face too much then your skin will actually produce more oil, making your problem worse. So you may want to try a light moisturizer made for oily/acne prone skin and apply it just at night. You can also use an oil-absorbing product on just your t-zone in the morning. Dermalogica makes this mattifier that works well: http://www.totalbeauty.com/reviews/product/502833/dermalogica-medibac-clearing-clearing-mattifier Or just look for a product with similar ingredients. 

Try not to wear too much makeup on your t-zone, that way you can use blotting papers or even reapply the mattifier during the day if needed without your makeup getting all clumpy or gross. Hope this helps!

EnkaOwakura
insider
2 years, 9 months ago
Re: Very oily T-zone

Hi! I agree totally with the first post; it's better if you moisturize with a lotion/gel, and take a lot of care into not over-drying your skin: if you skin zone feels tight, then you should moisturize so it doesn't 'rebound' with more fat, or zits. 

A very obvious tip is to avoid touching your face as much as possible, and this includes not only your hands, but clothes, hair, etc. Also, I don't know if using a bar soap that's not designed for acne (Dove) is really useful, as the soap can clog your pores. Maybe it's better to try a gel cleanser, or a bar soap specifically designed for acne-prone skin (Neutrogena is a good brand for that). I use toner everytime I was my face, and keep oil blotting papers handy.

Hope it helps you, I have a very oily t-zone and it is pretty exasperating, so I think I understand how you feel.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend