Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Simple makeup?

Discussion

Simple makeup?

I'm fourteen years old and I want to start wearing makeup, but I don't want to wear anything too expensive or that will make me look like a clown... Any ideas? :)

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

14 Replies

lasvegasnv
elite
1 year, 9 months ago
Re: Simple makeup?

I'd recommend some chapstick or lip gloss with SPF and a moisturizing cream with SPF (maybe some tinted ones if you want some color).

CaroleVonAllten
elite
1 year, 9 months ago

Since you are 14 and just starting to wear makeup, I would suggest the following basics: (all products are available at ULTA or a drugstore, like Walgreens or CVS. 1. First, always wash your hands before and after applying makeup, and apply hand cream after. 2. You will need a blush brush and eyeshadow applicator (the applicator usually comes with the eye shadow. ) Eco Tools makes inexpensive makeup brushes. Blending sponge wedges. 3. Start with a sunscreen with at least 15 SPF. Find one that moisturizes. (Most of them do) This protects you against anti-aging. It's good to start to deal with anti-aging when you're young. 4. A neutral palette of 2 powder eye shadows. This will make you look natural. Using the foam applicator that comes with the kit (or a small brush) from the Eco Brush kit) apply the lightest color (like an ivory) all over lid and under the brow bone, add a small amount of light brown to the crease using an angled brush (the area directly above the lid that looks like it folds). Don't apply it beyond the crease. Then blend upwards, with the foam tool that came with the kit, gently, without blending too far above the crease. This gives a little depth to your eyes. (the beginning of learning to contour.) If a little of the shadow falls on your face, use a small blush brush to remove it. 3. Apply lash building mascara. I like Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara in block (noir). 4. Apply a peachy pink light colored blush to the apples of your cheeks and blend with the foam wedge. Don't blend too high up above the apples of your cheeks.To find the apples, pucker your mouth, which sinks in thee face, and you will see an area that dos not sink. It's the rounded part of your cheeks, directly across from the middle of your nose. (Not right next to the nose) 5. Complete the look with a peachy lip gloss. 6. These colors work for all skin colors as long as they are applied lightly. 7. Stick to name brands, like Revlon, Maybelline, and L'Oreal. They have really good quality and have been around a long time. 8. Be sure to discard your mascara after 6 months because it is a breeding ground for bacteria. Hope this helps you. Good luck, and remember to keep your look natural--no blue eye shadow.

hamolla
allstar
7 months, 2 weeks ago

Mascara and lip gloss perhaps, do not use too many products as they are chemicals.

riley_beach
insider
2 years, 11 months ago
RE: Simple Makeup

I am the same age as you, I wear makeup, but not a lot..I think its easy to just use some foundation and just some mascara?(: that way you have clear looking skin, but can slightly bring out your eyes!(:

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend