Home » Community » Message Boards » » Keratin Treatments for Colored Hair?

Discussion

Keratin Treatments for Colored Hair?

I just got this question from a Total Beauty reader and thought our editorial team would be able to help out.

"I really want to get a keratin treatment but I color my hair. Is there an alternative de-frizzing treatment for dyed hair?"

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

Sharon_Yi
insider
2 years, 11 months ago
Keratin

Keratin is a protein that is a primary ingredient for two different treatments; one is the straightening, smoothing process populated by the Brazilian Blowout, and another is a deep-conditioning treatment that adds proteins into the hair. For the latter, there are keratin treatments specifically formulated to help preserve color and repair damaged hair. You can buy keratin-infused deep treatments to use at home. We recommend Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Keratin Intensive Treatment, which is this year's Total Beauty Awards Winner. 

Does this answer your question? 

sandyc
insider
2 years, 11 months ago
Re: Keratin Treatments for Colored Hair?

the paul mitchell wild ginger is the bomb.

irees312
2 years, 11 months ago
Cibu International has JUST what you're looking for!

Cibu International is a brand made by stylists of the Cielo and Bubbles Salons. They have really quirky, Asian-inspired names for their products, and they use bamboo, lotus flower, and white lily. They just released a new line called Hi-Ya! Keratin Reconstructive Treatments. They offer shampoo, conditioner, and a deep conditioner, which I just ordered 2 days ago online and received today. In the online description for the Hi-Ya! line, it says, "Ideal for color and chemically treated hair", which is perfect for my hair because it's been through bleaching and dyeing 3x in 5 months.

If you want to do Keratin treatment with dyed hair, go for the Hi-Ya! line, but that's mostly for fixing damaged hair. If you just wanna maintain it, I suggest Cibu's Geishalicious line. They have a shampoo for it with a Hue-Nu conditioner to pair off with it. There's also a Geishalicious Color Enhancer.

You should check it out now. They have a bunch of promotions going on right now. :)

Here's their site: http://www.cibuinternational.com/

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend